Please share: applause for NHS tonight at 8pm

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 3 Apr 2020, 19:55

I’ve had an idea! How about tonight at 8pm we all stand on our doorsteps and boo the black marketeers, hoarders and rule breakers? Show the nation’s displeasure.

Charlie M
👍 2

Fri 3 Apr 2020, 10:44 (last edited on Mon 6 Apr 2020, 20:50)

Hannen, we need to give the NHS workers BOTH (the money and the applause)!

The irony of Doris, the leader of a party that has consistently abused the NHS during its last 10 years in power, last night again standing outside Downing Street clapping was not lost on me.

It has been the same for most public sector workers, in fact.

We the people need to continue this Thursday night demonstration of support for these vital workers. 

Forever, if need be.

Paul Taylor
👍 4

Thu 2 Apr 2020, 18:22 (last edited on Thu 2 Apr 2020, 19:00)

Hannen I agree with you about the pay rise for the NHS but we’re clapping for the thanks of a nation and to encourage the government to do the right thing to the NHS workers

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 2 Apr 2020, 17:57

I rather suspect that the NHS workers (for whom I have huge admiration) would prefer a decent pay rise as their pay has been frozen for almost 10 years.  

Give them money, not the clap.

Charlie M
👍 3

Thu 2 Apr 2020, 12:01

It seems that this is going to be repeated EVERY Thursday at 8pm, as I hoped!

So please be outside your houses at 8pm tonight ...

... and let's RAISE THE ROOF for the NHS Workers!! 

Father Clive Dytor
👍 5

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 09:50

Thank you very much for all this. Our son Benjamin is a trainee Histopathologist and is being redeployed like everyone else at his hospital in Wycombe  onto the Front Line to meet the surge. He lives in Hixet wood with his wife and girls and was very encouraged by Thursday.

Charlie M
👍 4

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 05:52

This needs to happen every week, not just on 26th March.

After that incredible turn-out on Thursday, let us as a nation take our hard-pressed NHS under our wing, and show the organisation and all its workers that we LOVE what they do for us, not only during these unprecedented times, but before and after too!

I actually shared this idea on social media soon after it happened on Thursday, and so far I have had a good response.

Let Charlbury lead the world in this! Let us ALL be outside our doors again NEXT THURSDAY AT 8pm, and all subsequent Thursdays too!

Helen Josephine Wright
👍 1

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 09:26

The majority of Hughes Close out in doorways clapping & cheering. We could hear other areas in Charlbury taking part. Very emotional & lovely to hear NHS staff felt the love.

Charlie M
👍 3

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 00:04

I thought tonight was incredible. I was clapping and making plenty of noise (!), and I could hear many others whoopin' and a-hollerin' too!

I think we should do this every Thursday at 8pm. For too long our wonderful NHS and its incredible workforce has been neglected. It is time to show the workforce the respect they deserve. 

Let's do it! 

Paul Taylor
👍 1

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:55

That was one of the most haunting experiences. We could see and here the people of Marlborough place clapping and then the echos from all around Charlbury thanks health Angels.

Liz Puttick
👍

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:42

Well done, Alison, you're a true hero.

alison.nicholls
👍 12

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:38

Thank you so much for the clapping ! I could hear it across the valley. It made me cry but gave me renewed determination to keep nursing for the NHS despite the risks.

Please keep indoors, keep 2 meters apart especially when shopping and call your GP, 111 online or phone 111 if you need help or advice.

Keep in touch with your neighbours and don’t forget ATIC, the Churches and the new NHS volunteers. They are among those who will be around to give practical and emotional support over the next few months.

Rita Steffens
👍 1

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:22 (last edited on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:22)

People along Woodfield Drive and Marlborough Place were clapping as well

Well done every body 

Graham Wisker
👍 1

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:19

Few of us along Elm Crescent,  well done 

Liz Puttick
👍 1

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:07

We clapped! Well done all.

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 20:06

I clapped but fear no one could hear me at Baywell Cottage. Well done to those who clapped,

Charlie M
👍 1

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 18:16 (last edited on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 18:17)

I could not agree more! I hope that every person in every house in Charlbury stands outside their door at 8pm and applauds the NHS and all who work within it! <3 

Marjorie Glasgow
👍 2

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 16:57 (last edited on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 17:01)

This message was sent to me:

Please join us on Thursday, 26th of March at 8pm for a big applause from front doors, gardens, windows, living rooms, etc. to show all nurses, doctors, GPs, and carers our appreciation for their ongoing hard work and fight against this virus.

Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.