Liz Leffman
👍 1

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 17:18

Well done Maeve!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 16:43

That's astonishing! Very much well done.

Marjorie Glasgow
👍 1

Thu 9 Apr 2020, 16:22

Well done, Maeve.  I understand your work here has resulted in 531 iPads going out to hospitals around Britain.

Maeve Bradbury
👍

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 21:20

Hi Liz - will WhatsApp you with progress x

Liz Drake
👍

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 15:40

Maeve have you gone on twitter with this? Is it a campaign? What’s app me have some ideas!

Maeve Bradbury
👍 1

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 13:42

Thanks Dave - yes, we have several contacts at Apple who are kindly putting the pressure on!

Dave Oates
👍

Thu 26 Mar 2020, 17:13

Have they approached Apple directly? Apple seem to be one of the companies that are acting really well at the moment

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 21:02

Oh no...I’m nearly sure mine was only 9.x will check and wait to hear from you, also...

Maeve Bradbury
👍 1

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 19:47

I have just had an update from St Thomas which might scupper your kind donations. They need to be at least Apple iOS 10 plus or Android 6 Plus. (Apologies if that means your devices are no longer suitable though I will be getting a further update later this evening). I'll post more info here when I get it.

Maeve Bradbury
👍 1

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 19:40

Rosemary - thank you - that is very kind. Hundley Cottage is second last house down the very end of Hundley Way. You'll know you are in the right place as the window on the lane is full of bears! My study is the first window inside the side gate and I'm usually at my desk. Feel free to knock, wave, whatever. So grateful - thank you. 

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 18:41

Can you describe where Hundley Cottage is more detail please? I have an old iPad that I will decommission and put on charge.

Maeve Bradbury
👍 2

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 17:38

Andrew, I'm copying some of our email exchange here so people can follow the discussion we have just had.

I’ll be the collecting point and arrange delivery. Thanks so much - that’s so brilliant. If you are out for a walk, any tablets/ipads can be left at Hundley Cottage, Hundley Way by the side gate or front porch. If not, I can arrange for them to be collected. 

As you say, I’m sure in the goodness of time it will affect lots of hospitals all over the country. I am talking to universities and schools about trying to support local hospitals with unused IT. At the moment though, I’d love to get a delivery to Lucy at St Thomas’s in recognition of what her and her team are doing.

Maeve Bradbury
👍

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 17:18

Hi Andrew - thanks so much. It doesn't have to be iPads - it can be any table that runs apps. Like Andrew, if anyone has any old ones they could donate that would be amazing.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 17:01

Do they have to be iPads or will Android devices work with this? (I have two I could donate, for example.) I'm sure collectively we could rustle up a good number if the tablets don't have to be the latest models!

Maeve Bradbury
👍

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 15:44

Does anybody have any IT contacts that might be able to help? 

There is an urgent call out for iPads to enable those in intensive care to speak to family back at home. For many of them it might be the last time. My cousin is a matron there and this is what she sent me this morning:

“Does anyone have contact with companies that could provide us with iPads to link ICU patients to be able to talk to their families at home? We have an app set up called ATouchAway but limited iPads to use. If anyone knows anyone in the industry who may be able to support this cause please let me know”

If anyone thinks they might be able to help, please get in touch asap at maevebradbury@gmail.com 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.