Jigsaw Puzzles etc

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2020, 14:09

Thank you for all the great responses on this. After last night's announcement we have had to put this initiative on hold as books and puzzles could not be classed as essential to life (though books are essential to mine!). Hopefully when the three weeks is up, restrictions will be loosened and we can get back to this, as many vulnerable people will still be in isolation.

Bryanna Bone
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 19:16

Can I borrow a jigsaw puzzle?! Would love one! I can pick up, or it can be delivered to flat 2 goodgames sheep st :)

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 2

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 15:29

Books outside community centre.  Jeffrey Archer, JK Rowling (aka Robert Galbraith) and many more. 

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 15:29

Paul, the virus does not live for long on objects. So we just quarantine the puzzles and books for a short time - no need to sanitise every piece of puzzles. It's only surfaces that are touched often like door handles, work surfaces, mobile phones, steering wheels etc that need sanitising.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:54

They will need to be sanitised first which could be difficult for jigsaws

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:51 (last edited on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:52)

I have some books to go to the Corner House but happy to give them to you for donation to the Corner House.  Would love to do a jigsaw puzzle!   What about some of the jigsaw puzzles in Ron’s shop? 

Judy Dod
👍 1

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:48

That’s a brilliant idea Tanya.  I can drop some jigsaws off immediately adult and childrens - I was looking at them this morning and wondering how they could find a home.  Mind you, the jigsaw which is a street map  Oxford is not for the faint-hearted!  I thought I knew Oxford well until I started it ..... And I really miss the Corner House bookshop so any scheme for making that available again would be really welcome, especially while the library is closed.  Thank you! 

Tanya Stevenson
👍 3

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:11

The Community Centre would like to be able to take puzzles to people who are isolated at home, but only if it's safe. Therefore we are asking the good people of Charlbury to donate jigsaws for adults and children (especially if they have not been used for some time so we could clean the box and the contents would remain umtouched). We will quarantine them, list them and deliver them to people who want one. If you can do this, please leave your donations outside the door of the Community Centre and staff will pick them up.

We are also currently working on listing and quarantining the books from the Corner House bookshop so we can safely sell their books for 50p (to go to Corner House) and deliver them to you. This is not ready yet but will be up and running in a few days.

And Jason is working on live streaming some of his classes.

Do keep checking in to our website for deatails of all this: https://www.charlburycommunitycentre.org.uk/

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.