Charlbury corona virus safe?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 4

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 14:07 (last edited on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 14:11)

Brief admin reminder for this thread (and indeed the forum as a whole): the forum is not the customer service department for your favourite Charlbury organisation/shop/what-have-you. If you have a suggestion as to how an organisation or shop could be run better, or more safely, please contact them directly. If you need help doing this, by all means ask here and someone can no doubt supply the relevant email address. Thank you.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 28 Mar 2020, 13:40

The locks were installed today.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 16:15 (last edited on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 16:16)

I believe that locks are on order for the hard-standing on Nine Acres.

Jay Jacobs
👍

Fri 27 Mar 2020, 16:07

Can I add whilst out for my short 10 minute walk yet again the tennis courts are being used. This isn't essential travel nor is it short exercise. 

Charlbury Tennis club please lock em up!.  I think you will find all tennis courts should be closed. The people using these courts are putting others at risk.

NADINE MILLS
👍 1

Wed 25 Mar 2020, 06:32

May I add that folks should try to keep a good distance while queuing to pay - I’ve had people literally on my shoulder in the last week and have attempted to step aside.

Rachael Lunney
👍 3

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:02

Please be Nice to our Customer and Staff at the Coop please Stand 2 Metres away.

I think COOP Staff are doing an amazing Job. so thank you. also please Follow Government Adivce.  

Harriet Baldwin
👍 3

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 09:05

What'd be lovely would be if people didn't put their notes and cards in their mouths while looking for change/packing their bags/hanging on to the kids/trying to balance all that shopping that they won't buy a 6p bag for. Yes, people do do this and it's a lovely way of spreading the virus. 

Carl A Perkins
👍 4

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:40 (last edited on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:45)

Can I just add that nothing I’ve said previously was intended as criticism of the hard working staff at any of the locations I’ve mentioned. As was said by someone on a different thread, it’s all down to the ‘top brass’ who’d rather put cash into shareholder payouts than public safety.

Credit to all the staff at the Coop though, and to all others working in retail stores. They are all exposing their health on a daily basis and deserve a substantial bonus when this is all over,. This could easily be covered by the soaring profits from the panic buying saga.

Groceries must be the only sector of the economy doing any good at the moment!

Carl A Perkins
👍 1

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:28

I’d forgotten about the touchscreen at the surgery, I often forget it’s there and check in the old fashioned way. The lovely ladies who work in there have never told me not to.

On the subject of touchscreens, it’s wide spread nowadays. Even buying train tickets at the train station but also keypads on card machines. I was sceptical about debit card contactless payments when they were first introduced but from a hygiene perspective, it is great technology. Like I said though in my previous reply, the solution is easy. Provide a hand sanitiser adjacent to any touch screen whether it be the surgery, train station, McDonalds or supermarket so that we conscious folk can use before and after use. 

Miranda Higham
👍 4

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:19 (last edited on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:21)

I was just about to type the same about touchscreens. I never thought they were a good idea to check-in at the doctor’s or hospitals

Likewise, using the shopping baskets. I’ve been using my own bag to gather shopping for the checkout. 

Carl A Perkins
👍 2

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 21:16

The self checkouts would be worse as you’d have everyone touching the touch screens.

My work involves visiting a lot of big construction sites in London and for years they have had a system of having a hand sanitiser on both sides of the turnstiles (you have to place your index finger on a biometric scanner to gain entry and egress). Similarly, in other countries around the world, hand sanitisation is provided in areas outside toilets where one doesn’t have to come in physical contact with door handles or push plates. I’ve rarely seen any of these methods used commonly elsewhere here...

I think that one thing that can be learned from this whole situation is the need for basic hygiene. I’m not obsessive but I’ve always made sure of giving my hands a good wash after using public transport etc. but it’s all in vain if 90% of others don’t!

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 18:05

Completely agree Hans, but most of all don't shop unless you really have to!

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 14:04

This won't happen but there are probably things that can be done.

- Add a self checkout lane at the Coop.

- Close the Coop store when restocking

- Hand sanitisers everywhere. Coop, corner house, pharmacy, medical centre etc. They CAN be acquired, the dentist in Hook Norton has one.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.