Fun ideas from Oxford for enlivening our restricted lives!

Judy Dod
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2020, 13:52

On a rather frivolous note .... you can make a good face mask out of an old bra.  Cut it in half, attach a couple of piece of elastic to each side of the cups and hey presto, a matching pair of masks!  I will keep an eye out for the first person brave enough to wear one to the Co-op!

Helen Holwill
👍

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 07:41 (last edited on Sun 22 Mar 2020, 07:48)

Great idea. We could vary the activity too, e.g. musical jamming sessions, street party with dancing (everyone keeping distance, obviously). I’ve also heard that someone has set up a weekly choir session in Florence Park in Oxford, for example. 

clare shakya
👍 1

Sat 21 Mar 2020, 15:13

Coffee mornings in street sound great. 

Heard audible is offering children’s books for free whilst schools closed. 

Pat Court
👍 1

Sat 21 Mar 2020, 14:32

Agree Tanya, sounds a great idea. 

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Fri 20 Mar 2020, 20:47 (last edited on Fri 20 Mar 2020, 20:48)

Love that coffee mornings on the street idea. I think we could do that on Lees Heights when the weather improves!

Liz Reason
👍 5

Fri 20 Mar 2020, 18:08

Botley is organising a front gardens competition - gives individuals at home an activity to engage in that will give others pleasure, and the judges can walk around individually!

One street in North Oxford is organising coffee mornings in the street.  When the weather's nice, at 11.00 everyone takes their own cup of coffee out into the street and can chat to neighbours at a safe distance.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.