Station Cafe

Deleted user
👍

Thu 1 May 2008, 15:15

I think it is a welcome attraction and I can put up with a bit of noise!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 1 May 2008, 11:51

Actually I spoke to the guy at the Station Cafe today and it has planning permission until September, when they will find out if it is viable to be there. If it is then the proposal is to get electricity directly from the station, so the generator will go.

Igor Goldkind
👍

Thu 1 May 2008, 08:59

Personally, I'm grateful for FGW have made it possible for me to enjoy a frothy Cappuccino or stimulating espresso in the morning. In fact, I don't even notice having to wait for the trains anymore. With a nice new pedestrian pavement to leisurely stroll on, a beautiful garden to gaze at while sipping hot coffee, who cares if the trains are ever on time or if I ever get to my appointments?

Can we have some nice classical music piped into the waiting room as well?

brigid allen
👍

Wed 30 Apr 2008, 17:25

I made the point to FGW that anyone catching a train at Charlbury probably has to spend an excessive amount of time waiting around within earshot of the generator (which will incidentally make it hard to enjoy the flowerbed once the weather clears up, being parked bang next to it). Perhaps it could be moved to a less anti-social spot.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 30 Apr 2008, 15:47

Actually the cafe came into its own today - I think it must have sold more cups of coffee today than any other time. Although it is quite noisy, personally I dont feel its that irritating - delayed trains are more important to complain about. Otherwise, all FGW may think is that Charlbury are forever complaining about anything - and not take us seriously.

brigid allen
👍

Wed 30 Apr 2008, 14:51

I find the noise of the generator, placed right next to the platform, extremely irritating while waiting for trains. If anyone else feels the same, would they please join me in complaining to FGW?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.