Waitrose shopping next week

Sarah Bartram
👍

Fri 20 Mar 2020, 11:26

Jon - re the changing of orders. I would be careful about believing the times they say you can change  your order until. I have an Ocado order coming that I was supposed to be able to change until Thursday (yesterday) at 5pm and then had a text on Wednesday at 1:50 pm saying I could no longer change the order (not great as I had told my neighbours if they wanted me to order anything to let me know by Thursday morning). I know it is a different company but could see others doing the same thing so having everything on your list sooner rather than later is good practice. Regards, Sarah (to note also using the local services where I can and keeping social distancing rules).

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Fri 20 Mar 2020, 09:23

Waitrose has closed down its delivery and click and collect options until further notice. The Witney and Kidlington Sainsbury's have no more delivery or click and collect slots between now and10th April (the last date they show).  I wonder if there might be some way of sharing slots between households, if anyone felt generous enough to make an offer. 

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍 1

Thu 19 Mar 2020, 13:45

You do have to plan ahead. I've just placed a Waitrose order for April 6. And I can change it up to the day before, adding and subtracting, so really it's provisional.

Andrew Chapman
👍 1

Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:54 (last edited on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:58)

Jean, the Community Centre has got a fantastic band of people offering help with this sort of thing. See here for details: https://www.charlbury.info/support/1

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 19 Mar 2020, 11:21

I know that Charlbury is full of honest people but I think that handing over your credit card to anyone is potentially dangerous.  

Also, as they would need your PIN as well, you would lose all protection from your Bank against fraud.

Suggest you follow Jon's advice!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍 1

Thu 19 Mar 2020, 11:02

The Waitrose website and app are a bit problematic at the moment, but you have been able to book deliveries. From Monday, Sainsburys have said they will give some delivery slots a priority for over-70s, while also opening a special collection point in the car park which they say will be suitable for people who are self-isolating. You use the click and collect option on their website. Hope this helps, Jean.

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 19 Mar 2020, 10:31 (last edited on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 16:06)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.