Keeping active during the Coronavirus crisis

Tanya Stevenson
👍 2

Sun 22 Mar 2020, 12:41

Probably needless to say that the Community Centre and the library are completely closed to the public since Friday and until further notice. We have also cancelled the idea of doing circuits outside as it would still involve people congregating. We hope you all keep safe and active during these difficult times.

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Thu 19 Mar 2020, 16:28

Even though it may be a bit wet, Jason is still running an outdoor circuits session today at 6.30pm.

Matthew Greenfield
👍 3

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 22:49

I’m planning to move my Charlbury Yoga Studio classes online and am just working out the technicalities. If you are interested please contact me through this web site and I can send you the details in due course. Best wishes to all...

Karen Biles
👍 2

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 22:33

I’m a local Yoga, mindfulness, and fitness Instructor and will be posting some online Yoga and fitness classes in the next couple of days. Also some relaxation and meditation sessions to help at this difficult time. I can offer one to one sessions and design you a home fitness or yoga plan. Karenbilespt.co.uk. Please feel free to get in touch for more information. 07919123046 or bileskaren@aol.com 

Meraud Hand
👍

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 22:08

My very lovely yoga teacher from years ago is planning to do live-streamed sessions on Facebook. She'll be doing the first one for free. If anyone knows of our local teachers doing the same, maybe they could post it here?

Her page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/178201625567237

Tanya Stevenson
👍 2

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 17:33

I said before that many sport sessions and classes at the Community Centre have been cancelled to help prevent too much social contact. So what can you do?

We are working on this, but so far:

1. Thursday evening circuits and Sunday Circuits will move outside rather than being cancelled altogether.

2. The Gym remains open but only one person can use it at a time and it will be cleaned between users. Therefore, you need to book a slot for your gym session by ringing 811878

3. Family racquet sport sessions. You can hire a court, which will be way more than 2 metres away from other users, to play badminton, pickleball, table tennis etc with other members of your family, or people you are in close contact with anyway.

4. Michele's Barre fit class is still on tonight, but in main hall so you can spread out.

Obviously walking, running and individual outdoor sports should not be affected.

The centre and library are open, extra hygiene measures are in place and tables have been moved further apart! We hope you can stay healthy and apologise for all the inevitable closures and cancellations. Information about what is cancelled can be found here: https://www.charlburycommunitycentre.org.uk/

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.