Support for local businesses?

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 3

Wed 18 Mar 2020, 10:05 (last edited on Wed 18 Mar 2020, 11:07)

At Cotswold Frames we are now operating  the shop with SOCIAL DISTANCING in mind and ask that you respect this so that we may stay open for business as much as possible during these difficult times.

We would like to keep maximum number of people in the shop limited to 2 customers at a time or 1 family group please wait outside if the shop has its quota.

We are using an izettle card reader and ask where possible that you pay by contactless card as much as possible (but cash will be accepted) we are still taking framing in but there will be a long turnaround time especially if suppliers are unable to get supplies to us.

We have lots of ideal gifts that are small to post as well as soap (we have loads of nice soap) and we sell stamps.

Oh and yes we have board games for the family back to the good old days to play no batteries required. 

So please do all you can to help keep Charlbury shops going in these difficult times and in the future.

Also should you need anything but can't get to us due to self isolating then please ring and ask and we will see what can be done or ask the community delivery group that has been set up we are all here to help.

Thankyou in advance and keep safe

Tim

Cotswold Frames

Liz Drake
👍

Wed 18 Mar 2020, 00:01

Yes please to buying local and home deliveries (currently in 14 day lockdown!) thx

clare shakya
👍 1

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 23:43

I expect the coronavirus support network being coordinated by the community centre can shop at the range of shops you want goods from Christine. I would be happy to do so at least.

We can also deliver The Bread Sheds bread to anyone who isn’t able to collect. Deep may also increase the days he bakes as seems demand is high in these troubled times. Stay safe all! 

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍 1

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 16:41

At the Curiosities Company, we're still making bacon on Sheep Street. We're about to update the webshop for postal deliveries,  and we can deliver for free in Charlbury if you can't get out. We also sell it at Charlbury Deli and in Finstock Community shop locally.

We've had several in bound emails requesting more Wild Garlic Pesto and Bacon Jam. Another batch of both will be made this week.

We're shortly moving around the corner to the Old Bakery, where we're planning to be able to increase production.

Thank you everyone who supported us at the Charlbury Farmers Market last weekend. Keep supporting your local businesses if you can. We need you!

Kim Sale
👍

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 16:38

Many businesses are going to struggle but hopefully they will work out a way to adapt the way they work (if possible) and continue providing a service. I'm still sewing (curtains/blinds and clothing repairs) and imagine I will be able to continue even if it does mean encouraging people to do their own measuring and pinning where necessary.

Best wishes to all.

Michael Flanagan
👍 1

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 12:20

Taking up Meraud's point, it's worth reminding people that the Deli already sells gift vouchers. Over the next few days, we'll be developing a number of new ways of using them. Anyone who'd like to receive our regular updates might like to sign up at to http://charlburydeli.cafe/#post-108 

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 12:05

For those who are self-isolating, it would be great if some kind of delivery service could be sorted out for buying from local businesses, because for those living alone it simply isn't possible to simply pop in "to pick up their tipple", their soap, their packets of coffee or whatever. 

I would gladly support local businesses, and have been actively looking for ways to do so -- especially as it's extremely hard to get any supermarket order slots online in the next two or three weeks. 

Perhaps this could be added as an option into the Coronavirus support network leaflets & weblinks? 

Gareth Epps
👍

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 11:24

The Rose & Crown normally does take-outs of real ale.  As ale has a limited shelf life, I’m sure Tom and Nikki would welcome people popping in to pick up their tipple.  The pub trade is being hit particularly hard and has not been given any cushioning.

Helen Holwill
👍

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 11:14

Yes, a great idea. Also, now is the time to buy local. Tim in Cotswold Frames, for example, has some beautiful soaps and lots of small, easily posted presents that would be perfect for Mothers' Day, if you aren't able to travel to see that person.

Meraud Hand
👍 4

Tue 17 Mar 2020, 00:25

Things are going to be very tight for a lot of our local small service businesses. I saw on social media that some restaurants are selling gift vouchers now, to be used once things are safer. Maybe that could happen here with our lovely shops and pubs and hairdressers and things? A sort of reverse tab, as it were, to help people stay afloat given that custom will drop for a while?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.