Sheep street road closure

Philip Ambrose
👍 1

Wed 4 Mar 2020, 18:33

Lorry symbol on circular sign with red roundel and diagonal red line is internationally understood and should do the job!

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 4 Mar 2020, 16:28 (last edited on Wed 4 Mar 2020, 16:29)

Thanks, Helen, I agree it has been a  very long wait. Yes, the yellow lines will be reinstated together with Keep Clear signs at the entrance to Bayliss Yard.  I can see if we could get some signs that dissuade lorries from going down the street but alas probably not in anything other than English.

Helen Bessemer-Clark
👍 1

Wed 4 Mar 2020, 12:33

Thanks, Liz for getting this through at last- I have been 'banging on' to the Highways Dept about the state of the road for over 5 years!  I do hope they are also going to reinstate all the original double yellow lines as well, as we Sheep Street residents are rather tired of helping huge lorries reverse up the street when they get stuck between two mis-parked cars.  Is there also going to be a sign at the top of Sheep Street saying "no lorries". ......possibly in Polish, Romanian, etc as well as English!

Becky Claridge
👍 2

Mon 2 Mar 2020, 20:25

Thank you for your replies. 

Liz Leffman
👍 3

Mon 2 Mar 2020, 16:36 (last edited on Mon 2 Mar 2020, 16:57)

Yes, Sheep Street is definitely closing for patching and resurfacing next week - and not before time! It may take less than five days but that is what has been granted for the work to be done.  It is being done at the same time as Park Street. The work is being carried out at night in order to make sure that the buses are not disrupted and traffic isn't all being diverted down Market Street. However the work will not go on beyond 11pm.

Gordon Cutting
👍

Mon 2 Mar 2020, 14:16

On roadworks.org it details Oxfordshire County Council saying there'll be a road closure from the 9th to the 13th from Browns Lane to Fishers Lane for "Patching & Carriageway Re-surfacing", but I'm personally not sure how that could take five days unless they're replacing the road bed maybe.

Becky Claridge
👍

Mon 2 Mar 2020, 13:00

Can anyone confirm the road closure of Sheep Street? I’ve seen signs of other road closures but I am receiving conflicted information about Sheep Street. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.