Convertor Help anyone?

ken jones
👍

Fri 25 Apr 2008, 19:21

hi john some sad news im a afraid. ivan was killed on october the 14 while trying to rewire a 15000 volt transformer. he forgot to unplug it.

john h
👍

Thu 24 Apr 2008, 14:17

where is Ivan??

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 24 Apr 2008, 10:39

I feel sure there must be someone using this forum - perhaps someone with a name of Eastern European origin? - who has experience with these old Russian designs.

Have you considered booking a Flange Help stall at Street Fair?

Don Kelly
👍

Thu 24 Apr 2008, 09:52

Thanks all, I really am at my tethers end with this one. If all else fails I am just going to have buy a new one from Argos, but I would feel I am selling out to the multi nationals a tad.

john h
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2008, 23:30

I think if you just tweek the left nipple this will give the ripple effect you need to reset the node, but be carefull of you flange when completeting this reset,it has been known to be fatal.

Kate Smith
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2008, 17:43

great to see the web-site being used as it was intended, for exchange of local knowledge! Good luck with the re-framing, Don, let us know if you get your node sorted.

John Lanyon
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2008, 11:24

A nice piece of kit, Don! I'm sure there are lots of people around Charlbury who could do this kind of job, but why not just get hold of the old Russian manual at a car-boot sale and do it yourself?

Don Kelly
👍

Wed 23 Apr 2008, 10:17

I have recently bought an old flange curruptor for an Indigo packer distribution unit. I have experienced some problems with the node on the grating board and wondered if anyone knows anyone who could re frame the pitch convertor? This is the old Russian design so the adjusting nipples work from left to right and the switch is stuck in the idle mode.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.