Lift share

Duncan Forbes
👍 2

Fri 14 Feb 2020, 10:28

Richard- thanks for the liftshare page on which (being without personal wheels) I am keeping an eagle eye. I wonder if it might be possible to find a way of requesting lifts as well as offering them? For example public transport doesn't enable one (or makes it very awkward) to go to events outside Charlbury in the evenings or on Sundays.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sun 9 Feb 2020, 14:59

Yes, great to see people using it! I’ll give that some thought but for now I’d suggest you just enter something next to “or type a description”, perhaps along the lines of “2 or 3 days a week”.

Janet Sly
👍

Sun 9 Feb 2020, 12:06

Richard, can you add an option on the lift share site for recurring trips that are variable? I drive to Littlemore 2 or 3 days a week but not on same days each week and could not enter my journey without a specific date.

Glad to see people have started posting on it.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 3 Feb 2020, 14:08

Hook Norton seem to have cracked it!

https://www.hn-lc.org.uk/2019/hook-norton-low-carbon-wins-european-award

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Mon 3 Feb 2020, 13:26

Impressed to see Hook Norton have e-bikes to share too! https://www.hn-lc.org.uk/hooky-car-club/electric-bikes

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 3 Feb 2020, 13:21

Excellent!

As I've mentioned here before my Wife and I did without our cars for two years, thanks to a local car share arrangement which only ended because said car developed a rusty bottom.

Since then I've floated the idea of a car share (on this forum) a couple of times, but it's got nowhere.  Hooky have their "Car Club", so I was hoping we could do something similar.  If you go to the Chippy Co-op you will see that they have a dedicated car parking space for Hooky, complete with electric charging point.  Very impressive.

Janet Sly
👍 3

Sun 2 Feb 2020, 11:58

well done Richard for setting this up on the Charlbury website - it’s a new tab on the home page in case anyone hasn’t seen it. Hope it will get plenty of use.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.