Time to fall in love with your milkman (again)?

christopher edeson
👍 1

Tue 20 Aug 2019, 12:28

yep, another thumbs up to milk and more, recently moved here and started using them, mainly to save plastic use.

michele marietta
👍

Sat 17 Aug 2019, 14:18

We've been using Milk and More for quite a few years now. So great to have them deliver. The website's a bit meh. That can always be improved. But Steve himself never fails to deliver.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 16 Aug 2019, 13:07

Never thought that might be the start of his round good point ! But also its good that they are getting busier from the sounds of it.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 16 Aug 2019, 12:25

Hi Tim, Yes Phil is right. I normally get my milk round about midnight -- except for a couple of weeks a year when there is a replacement milkman who evidently ends his round with my house, rather than starting here. In that case it can be as late as 3 p.m. 

Milkmen/women clearly work long hours! Great service, even in the snow. But an awful website! 

Phil Morgan
👍

Fri 16 Aug 2019, 11:57

Hi Tim; I think you'll find that the milkman observed at 11pm is starting his round, not finishing it. My bottles land on Sturt Road at about 4am.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 15:22

I would concur with Phil as we have been enjoying reliable milk (and OJ) deliveries in bottles for a couple of years now (plastic before that). We use Milk & More (and if there is any alternative I am not aware of it) and they manage to combine modern technology (an easy-to-use web site) with old fashioned bottle-on-the-doorstep service.  Our delivery in Ticknell Piece seems to be around 1-2am.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 14:13 (last edited on Thu 15 Aug 2019, 14:14)

Hi Phil

I think the milkman is making a steady and welcome comeback but it seams that gone are the days of the early morning delivery's, as I often see the milkman making his rounds at 11pm most nights, think they prefer to have a lie in nowadays can't say I blame them.

john h
👍

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 13:58

Good stuff comes in glass Phil !!!!   JH

Phil Morgan
👍

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 13:37

Sorry, I borrowed the title from an article in yesterday's newspaper. And, no, I am not advertising for a particular company. 

Having lived in Charlbury for 36 years, I have always received my milk in glass bottles on my doorstep - firstly from the Charlbury Dairy and now from another company. Always early, always reliable, always fresh.

I would encourage others to 'go back to glass' as a small gesture towards a more sustainable community.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.