Food bargains!

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Mon 12 Aug 2019, 17:59 (last edited on Mon 12 Aug 2019, 18:00)

There are 2 direct S3 buses back from Chippy to Charlbury (via Enstone) in the evenings. 

1 leaves West St at 18.45, with Trinity Rd a few minutes later; the other leaves West Street at 21.35 & follows the same route. Both are convenient for M&S & end up at The Bell, although the later one is obviously for those who wish to eat or drink before coming home.

On Saturdays the buses leave about 10 minutes earlier, so check! No buses on Sundays.

The no 7 bus also goes from Charlbury The Slade to Chippy West Street at 19.30; but that's not as useful as Pulham's X9 which goes to West Street and back during the day. 

For the other S3 buses one changes at the Duke of Marlborough pub; no need to go into Woodstock.

Peter Bridgman
👍 1

Mon 12 Aug 2019, 12:59

Take S3 bus to  Woodstock, cross the road and wait for S3 to Chippy.  Probably takes quite a while especially doing it in reverse to come home! Or catch red bus to chippy then villager to hospital. Probably takes most of day!

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 12 Aug 2019, 12:36

I've just returned from the M & S Food store on the London Road in Chippy.

There are loads of cut price items there.  Admittedly close to their "best before" date, but can be eaten today/tomorrow, and some can be cooked and frozen.  Great quality, and all English.  There was some foreign grown stuff but I ignored it.

I filled up a basket with veg, fruit and cheese - just over £8.00!

Plenty of free parking  and a large Costa Coffee if you need refreshments, snack, or lunch.  Not so cheap...

Just 15 minutes drive away.  Haven't figured out how to get there by bus yet.  Any ideas?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.