Christine was right.

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 9 Aug 2019, 14:51

Yes Chris,

I was one of the unfortunates who got caught up in that malarkey.

I agree - some joined up thinking would help.

Chris Wastie
👍 1

Fri 9 Aug 2019, 12:30

did anyone notice that on the morning that the wilderness traffic was leaving workmen installed traffic lights on the railway bridge causing grid lock.it seems to me that someone wanted to do some joined up thinking.......chris wastie

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 12:31

OK, Paul. I take your point. 

I also recognise that the character of the festival is changing, with more emphasis placed on Electronic Dance Music, including late at night. And it is, after all, rather cynical of the organisers to promote a new "High Ground" stage with "the dancefloor temperature clocked to absolutely awesome at all times". Obviously if it's on high ground the sound will travel further ... 

I presume local residents weren't alerted to the new stage at the local meeting. And I'm guessing that they did not need planning permission to introduce it. Please could someone let me know if this is wrong.

Paul Taylor
👍 2

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 11:57

Christine you wouldn’t be complaining if you put your point over to West Oxfordshire District Council it’s a valid point as a attendee of the event the lady was very nice that I spoke to and the cut off point for amplified music needs to be 11.30 Sunday night no if or buts I also suggested that we have a post festival meeting with them to sort out the problems  that materialize with the event. 

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 10:06 (last edited on Tue 6 Aug 2019, 10:07)

Thank you Hannen, but of course that's not true. 

I should add that in general I support Wilderness & will probably not myself complain. After all, I do sometimes attend. However I agree that the music should end earlier on a Sunday night. I also think that Wilderness needs to rethink where they position the late-night stages, especially when these are likely to involve DJs who pride themselves on the power of the bass. 

There seemed to be a lot of emphasis on DJs and dance beats this year: https://www.wildernessfestival.com/journal/daytime-dancing-after-dark-beats/ And in fact that was one of the reasons that I decided to give this year's festival a miss. 

I had wondered if it was the new "High Ground" dance floor that would be the problem, & perhaps on Saturday it was, at least for me, as that went through until 2 am. This was their promo for the new "High Ground" stage: https://www.theransomnote.com/events/news/wilderness-festival-unveils-new-stages-for-2019/

The promo for the Hustle & the late-night spot on the Sunday is here: https://www.wildernessfestival.com/venue/the-hustle/ 

Although it looks from that as if the very late-night spot was reserved for acoustic music on the Sunday, it seems that this was not what actually took place. 

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 08:39

Christine is always right!

Jean Adams
👍 1

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 21:37

It was the wind direction that caused the late night disturbance here. On Saturday we could not hear a thing. The main stages stopped on Sunday by 12.00, but there was a Jam session until 2.00. I agree that these should all be finished on Sunday evening.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.