Gas fire maintenance and repair

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Fri 9 Aug 2019, 10:01

Many thanks for all your suggestions

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 31 Jul 2019, 08:04

We use Mr Gas Fires who is excellent. We are expecting him for our annual service over the next few weeks. I am sure he would be happy to fit you in on his visit to Charlbury.

info@mrgasfires.co.uk  tel 01869 277162

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 21:30

Christine,

Whilst it is always good (better) to go local, the cost of parts for living flame gas fires are disproportionally expensive. I would check with the local heating engineers before terminating with British Gas.  Whilst the latter get a bit of a slating in the press, they tend to  offer good value on fires and cookers

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 12:33

If John Shaw can really do gas fires of the living-flame variety, that's great. I am thinking of giving up my repair contract with British Gas which I primarily keep on because they are willing to service service my fire as part of the contract. That means I am looking for alternatives! I have discovered that a lot of gas-safe technicians won't do  living-flame type gas fires. 

I used Gas Tech in Banbury for my gas cooker. They were fine & did also say that they were willing to service living-flame gas fires. 

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 10:47

We have used Charlbury-based John Shaw 07786746461 for plumbing services and were very satisfied. He is now Gas Safe registered and we are on his list to have our gas fire serviced before the cold weather returns.

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 10:24

Can anyone recommend someone who can repair and/or service a gas fire?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.