Riverside festival

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Sun 21 Jul 2019, 12:56

I went yesterday (I go every year) and was impressed, again, at the level of organisation, the friendly atmosphere, the reasonable prices, and the quality of the bands.

Thank you organisers and volunteers!

Rod Evans
👍 2

Fri 19 Jul 2019, 19:50 (last edited on Fri 19 Jul 2019, 19:53)

We all enjoy the wonderful Riverside but a small plea to those driving up and down Mill Lane over the next few days.  Please bear in mind it is only designated as a footpath, not even a bridleway, far less a road, is only of single vehicle width and has rubbish sight lines onto Dyers Hill!  Most of it is very narrow and it's used by many people especially children and dog walkers - so care is needed.  Not to mention that the cost of maintaining most of its surface is borne by the residents not the Council (despite its ownership) - and with the rain today, it is already suffering.  Most people drive carefully but there's a few who just don't think....

Mind you, nowhere's safe.  Walking along Market Street this afternoon, White Van Man came hurtling towards me just as I got to the narrowest point.  Good job I still have the reactions of a slip fielder or my right elbow would be mush!  Sorry if anyone heard me shout a well known crossword clue at the driver - 'Anglo Saxon phrase 4, 3'.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Fri 19 Jul 2019, 17:35

No! I can hardly believe it....  so sorry Andy and the team.

Charlie M
👍 3

Fri 19 Jul 2019, 14:53

I would like to second what Stephen Andrews said. I was talking with one of the Riverside Festival organisers last night, and I was left in no doubt that these contributions are VITAL.
And Please, people of Charlbury (and further afield), COME TO THE RIVERSIDE FESTIVAL!! Don't worry about the weather - in fact the more people who come, the more the Rain Gods will be frightened away!
And buy lots of beer and further support this wonderful event!

Stephen Andrews
👍 3

Fri 19 Jul 2019, 12:55

There is a good way to feel better about this - I just donated to  https://www.gofundme.com/f/RiversideFestival citing Andy's need to put up the fencing twice! This festival is a brilliant free event and long may it remain so!

Suzanne Flynn
👍

Fri 19 Jul 2019, 12:39

Oh my god,this is shocking.So sorry Andy after all the work you all put in.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Wed 17 Jul 2019, 23:06

For goodness sake, What is the matter with people?  Do they really get pleasure by doing this sort of thing?  I hope your team of volunteers are able to put things right in time.

Andy pickard
👍

Wed 17 Jul 2019, 20:22

To those people who have just vandalised the festival and pushed the fencing into the river...thank you! We have only just put it up!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.