Free taster for Awareness Through Movement classes...

Ed Woodall
👍 1

Sat 20 Jul 2019, 10:38

How nice to get such positive and encouraging comments. 

I will get details out as soon as I can about the tasters and the term of lessons. 

Oxford's brilliant Feldenkrais teacher is indeed Vreni Booth who was trained by Mia Segal who was a close associate of Moshe.

Liz Puttick
👍

Thu 18 Jul 2019, 11:30

Sounds excellent, Ed, count me in!

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 18 Jul 2019, 09:53

Jon,

Yes!  Well remembered.

I went to a couple of her workshops and not only did she impress me, but I was intrigued to find Health "professionals" attending, including a couple of GPs.

Veronica Stallwood
👍 1

Wed 17 Jul 2019, 20:28

I used to practise this many years ago and found it excellent. I look forward to the taster session and will sign up at the Community Centre as soon as the dates are confirmed.

Many thanks for your informative post, Ed. I look forward to meeting you.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 17 Jul 2019, 20:04

Hannen, was that Vreni?

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 17 Jul 2019, 19:42

I practised the FM with a superb woman in Oxford many years ago.   Forgotten her name now, but she was taught by Feldenkrais himself.

Not only did it improve my physical wellbeing, but my mental as well.

I cannot recommend it too highly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feldenkrais_Method

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 17 Jul 2019, 19:35

Great stuff Ed!

Ed Woodall
👍 4

Wed 17 Jul 2019, 18:43 (last edited on Wed 17 Jul 2019, 19:25)

Hello. 

I am new to Charlbury. 

I am actually an old friend of Toby, Jenny and Freddie Jones ( rest his soul) which is part of the reason I have moved here. I came to a party at Crinan House about 25 years ago and fell for the place. 

I have moved into the house on Hixet Wood vacated by Michele and Miles ( Walkden) whom I am sure many of you know. 

Having been an actor myself I retrained in something called the Feldenkrais Method and am now a fully qualified practitioner. If you are interested please have a look at my website to see what it is www.asenseofmovement.com

I work with people one-to-one and in groups. 

I hope to run a weekly class at 12.30 pm at the Community Centre and I will offer a couple of free tasters to see if there is anyone who wants to do it. 

They will be on 21st August and 4th Sept, with the regular classes starting a week after that. 

I hope this is an appropriate way to introduce myself. 

I have moved from Oxford and am living alone for the time being and am looking forward to throwing myself into Charlbury life. 

I need to confirm all of the above with the Community Centre but I wanted to get the ball rolling! 

All the best Ed 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.