Saw them go over Broughton at about 13:50 today

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 23:49

Simon, you're a star!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 23:05

Synchronicity or the eeriness of coincidence - I was listening to the excellent BBC podcast series 13 Minutes to the Moon about the Apollo 11 moonlanding in its critical moments to touchdown when roar! over went what I thought was a multi-engine jet at a very low altitude I'd never heard here before. 9 of them isn't there?

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 21:30

I was on the Enstone Road allotments and got the full benefit - they were great! Hope I catch some of the others over the weekend too. 

Simon Walker
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 17:51

They were doing a display for Prince Charles when he visited GCHQ in Cheltenham this afternoon.

If you missed them going over, there is a strong chance that they will be back again tomorrow, as they are scheduled to fly from their home base at Scampton down to Brize Norton - ETA 09.45 - where they will be staying for a couple of days.  On Sunday, they will be leaving Brize at 13.20 to do a display at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, back again to Brize at just after 14.00, then away again to go back to Scampton at 16.10.  So, with all that to-ing and fro-ing, there might even be up to four flyovers over the next couple of days. 

They are also going to be at the Fairford air show from 19th to 21st, and we can't be that far off their route for that one either.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 17:14

I missed the Red Arrows! I heard them. They must have been low! 

Claire Wilding
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 15:34

They flew right over the community centre

Laura Macy
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 15:02

Ah, thanks. Sorry I missed seeing it! Just googled and it looks impressive.

Lauren Clark
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 14:58

It was the Red Arrows flying in formation. Sadly not the Millennium Falcon.

Miles Walkden
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 14:38

I have to admit it scared the pants off me!

Laura Macy
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 13:58

I'm in Ticknell Piece and I think the Millenium Falcon just flew by. Seriously, something flew over that was loud enough to genuinely scare me. Does anybody know what it was? I've never heard anything quite like it.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.