Zero Carbon Charlbury in Illinois!

Duncan Forbes
👍 4

Fri 5 Jul 2019, 10:22

To date there have been 115 Climate Emergency declarations by 1st and 2nd tier councils in the UK, with 71 setting a target date of 2030. Town and Parish Councils are following suit. 

Some of us hope that the Charlbury Town Council will also declare that it recognises the climate emergency, and pledge to follow through with action that will help us locally to move rapidly towards a zero-carbon community.

You will see on the "Events" page that tomorrow (Saturday 6th July) there is a chance to sign a petition to the Town Council between 9.30 and 12.30 outside the Co-op. Do come along and lend support. 

Yesterday I also put the petition online where you can see the wording:

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/481/785/670/zero-carbon-charlbury/

PLEASE DON'T SIGN TWICE!  Also, to my surprise and without any publicity, the online petition has already gathered a number of signatures from all over the world. So if you do sign online may I request that you put the letters CBY in the name box: either attached to your own name, or as the name itself - CBY1, CBY2, etc...Sorry to add complexity but otherwise it won't be possible to assess how many local people have signed, as opposed to Maryann from Illinois... (welcome as her support is)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.