Charlbury surgery next day appointments

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 12 Jul 2019, 16:27

I have just been told the same this afternoon. The receptionist said that they have never done this! I pointed out that I have been a patient there for 20 years, but she was absolutely adamant that in the 9 months she has worked there, this has never been something they have done. The practice need to get this sorted out.

Helen Chapman
👍

Thu 4 Jul 2019, 15:39

Unfortunately I was told different *again* today - the person I spoke insisted there was no such thing as being able to book a next day worker's doctor's appointment (although despite denying it was possible she did book an appointment for my son for first thing tomorrow morning). I think she didn't know the policy but was very insistent that she did. I finally got her to agree she would check with her colleague who I spoke to yesterday - but I don't know if she did. I'm not sure where that leaves others trying to do the same thing - I guess just persevere if you get told it's not possible!

Helen Chapman
👍 2

Wed 3 Jul 2019, 16:40

I have now confirmed with the surgery that this is something you can do - the person I spoke to yesterday was standing in and didn’t know the procedure.

Mandy cooper
👍

Tue 2 Jul 2019, 21:47

yeah if you ring after 3pm you should be able to get an appointment.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Tue 2 Jul 2019, 17:08

The page at https://www.charlbury.info/files/1709/appointmentsfinal.pdf suggests you are correct, except that it's from 3:00pm, not 4:00pm.

All this is from this site's webpage at https://www.charlbury.info/community/100

Helen Chapman
👍

Tue 2 Jul 2019, 16:30

I am sure it used to be possible to phone after 4 and get an early doctor’s appointment for the next day if you are a person who works. I just tried to do this to get an appointment for my son tonorrow morning and was told I can only get one the usual way by phoning tomorrow at 8. The receptionist had no knowledge of being able to get a next day appointment. I know that I’ve done this in the past, so is this a service that has bow gone?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.