Rustling in my Undergrowth - Hedgehog News

Helen Chapman
👍

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 10:55

I spotted one last year down our lane (off Pooles Lane).

Angus B
👍

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 09:49

We've recently discovered we have a hedgehog or two visiting our garden in Rochester Place. Maybe the same one(s) as in Marlborough Place.

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 08:54

Often see them here in Fawler.

Susie Burnett
👍

Thu 27 Jun 2019, 22:21 (last edited on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 22:23)

We have seen hedgehogs in our garden most years (on Hixet Wood). They seem to like living in the compost heap. One dug a hole under a gate when it came out of hibernation this year and was seen scurrying about at dusk right outside the front door!

Miranda Higham
👍

Thu 27 Jun 2019, 21:32 (last edited on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 22:34)

Yes, in Marlborough Place. I came back home from town at dusk on 11th April this year. Thought it was a rat at first because I haven't seen a hedgehog for years. I took a photo and put it on Facebook, hence I know the exact date. I was so surprised and delighted. 

Miles Walkden
👍

Thu 27 Jun 2019, 19:02

Up until about 4-5 years ago we had Hedgehogs in our garden (down by five ways). We wanted to encourage them in our new garden and so have been asking arround the neighbours to see if they had seen any. So far I have asked 5 people and evey one of them has said, "We used to get them until 3-4-5 years ago, but no longer."

Does anyone still see them arround Charlbury? Where and how often. Am i flogging a dead horse?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.