Fishing

Carl A Perkins
👍

Fri 31 May 2019, 15:19

Haha thanks Charlie, very useful information. And nice to see the name recognition!

Charlie Peacock
👍 1

Thu 30 May 2019, 14:47

Have moved away from Charlbury but I did have some very good days fishing on the Evenlode and Windrush.

Try:-

1) Go through the Cricket Club gate and take the path parallel with the Evenlode for about 5 minutes and there is an oak tree just before a bend in the river. This spot is a bit overgrown so a short rod using lobworm will certainly bring decent perch to over 1lb.

2) Take the Cornbury Park entrance in School Lane and hope over the fence on the right hand side before the bridge, go down the ramp and head straight across to the Evenlode. There is a peg (18 I recall) and tackle up there by the tree trunk. I've had chub there to over 5lb.

3) Head towards Witney on the Crawley Road go through the village, across the bridge, through the width restriction and park of the left hand side in the layby. Head down the field and go through the gate and then towards the mill which is located on the opposite bank. Fish anywhere on the Windrush for trout(plenty), chub and dace.

4) Take the Burford Road out of Charlbury for about 5 minutes or so and turn right and head towards Chilson. Go through the village and then cross over the bridge and park immediately on the left. Cross the road and walk parallel to the Evenlode for about 5 minutes. On any swim you will catch trout, chub, dace and roach

Problem - everywhere you will encounter crayfish but the chances of catching decent fish outweighs the problem.

1 and 2 are Charlbury Angling Club waters.

3 is free fishing.

4 I do not know, but I never had any problem apart from a resident otter family.

Good luck, but don't wear your Blue Suede Shoes!!!

C.

Carl A Perkins
👍

Mon 27 May 2019, 10:10

Thanks Paul

PAUL R JACKSON
👍

Mon 27 May 2019, 09:51

Manor Court farm at Chadlington is very nice for carp and children friendly.

Miles Walkden
👍

Sun 26 May 2019, 12:42

The river?

Carl A Perkins
👍 1

Sun 26 May 2019, 11:52

can anyone recommend any good fishing spots locally?

Many thanks

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.