Will there be one less train stopping at Charlbury from Nov

William Crossley
👍 2

Sat 18 May 2019, 12:41

The halts train will leave Oxford around the same time as now, with the train from London breaking up the current long gap from the halts train until the 18.17 from Oxford.

One thing to note, the halts train will be operated by a Turbo diesel unit from December.  The CLPG has asked GWR to try to make sure that this (and the morning halts service) is a three-car set now that it has finally started fitting selective door controls to these trains, meaning that the lengths of the platforms at Combe and Finstock need not dictate the use of a two-car set. 

Miranda Higham
👍

Fri 17 May 2019, 22:56

Thank you Richard, I'll pass the good news on.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Fri 17 May 2019, 17:37

As I understand it, it should be one more – the existing Halts train is being replaced by two services, one coming from Paddington and not stopping at the Halts (Finstock/Combe), one starting from Didcot and stopping at the Halts.

Miranda Higham
👍

Fri 17 May 2019, 13:59

I have heard that there will be one less train stopping at Charlbury from the Oxford direction at commute back from work time. Starting November/December. Can anyone confirm this?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.