Sturt close playing field

Elaine abrahart
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2008, 20:13

I have been assured that we would be re-housed in Charlbury as my partner is a retained firemen at Charlbury so needs to be within a 5 minute radius of the station. But until i have anything in legal form it is still such a worry !

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2008, 19:56

I'd get onto the councillors and the housing association Development group right away about this, as there is a real danger you might be permanently rehoused outside of Charlbury! They don't have any legal obligation to rehouse you in the immediate area unless I am mistaken, but there is a…

Long post - click to read full text

Elaine abrahart
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2008, 13:29

So do I but it wouldn't compensate the fact i have to move and the memories i have here.

Buffy Godfrey
👍

Tue 11 Mar 2008, 17:40

Elaine, I hope they have the grace to give you first pick of the new development.

Reg James
👍

Tue 11 Mar 2008, 17:37

Elaine, you must be referring to West Oxfordshire District Council - not Charlbury Town Council. The ex playing field is owned and managed by Cottesway Housing Association so they may be more helpful.
The Town Council is consulted on planning applications, so although no such application has been registered, it would be interesting to hear peoples' comments if a proposal should come to the surface.
These sort of deliberations often involve a conflict between the need for more affordable housing and the interests of local people.
The Charlbury Housing Needs Survey recently carried out has identified a need for 25 more affordable dwellings in Charlbury. Personally I am generally in favour of providing more affordable housing unless it is likely to be severely damaging to the neighbourhood for some reason. Having your house demolished is quite damaging!

Elaine abrahart
👍

Tue 11 Mar 2008, 17:26

I have spoken today to a planning officer from the council who has now said that do intend to demolish these two properties although nothing has been finalised. He said this is because they do not want any further traffic disruption in sturt close. Although none of this i have had confirmed in writing and if it does take place it would not be to the next financial year i.e 2009.

Elaine abrahart
👍

Sun 9 Mar 2008, 18:56

I have spoken with the council and it is definitely their intention to build out there but they wont say whether it entails the demolition of our properties. Although it looks quite likely as my neighbours property is only being rented on a 6 months at a time basis.

Deleted user
👍

Sat 8 Mar 2008, 15:00

Elaine, I would be interested to learn where you heard this rumour. Last year a survey was done in Woodstock Road & studs put into the path outside your's & your neighbour's house. For a road access? I did hear from somewhere that `Cotsway` were proposing a development of some sort, but they did not answer my E-mail asking for information.
This rumour has been circulating for some time and I keep checking the WODC website to see if a Planning application has been made,but so far I've seen nothing.

Don Kelly
👍

Sat 8 Mar 2008, 12:19

Firstly, Lets hope the forum police do not have a go at you for calling this place a village.If you are standing on Fiveways corner facing the co-op on your right, take the Enstone road and follow it up past the Mosque and I am just on the left, mine is the house with the picture of David Hassellhoff over the garage.You will also see my newly acquired Black ford pubic in the driveway.

Elaine abrahart
👍

Sat 8 Mar 2008, 12:04

Thankyou Don for your help, but i am a bit lost as to exactly where in this village you live!!!

Don Kelly
👍

Sat 8 Mar 2008, 11:11

Hi Elaine, I live on the corner of Park Street and Crawborough, just by the dairy and up a little from the Farmers near the back of St Mary's church. Anyway someone told me that due to the lack of affordable housing for the Welsh, that land has been bought by The Taffy Trust, and they hyope to start building in May 2010.

Elaine abrahart
👍

Fri 7 Mar 2008, 16:02

Has anyone any idea of what they are planning to do there, i live on the woodstock road and the rumour mill has it they are going to knock my house down and build a road through to it for develoment.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.