Community Speed Watch -

Brian Murray
👍

Mon 29 Apr 2019, 22:27

Mark, Alan is right in saying that Oxon C C Trading Standards are the people to go to. If you see an overweight vehicle crossing the bridge, please take a note of the registration number, date, time and direction of travel together with any other helpful information such as HGV or bus/coach, sign writing etc and do report the incident. A photograph is also useful. You are likely to be asked if you are willing to give evidence to support prosecution.

Only if people make the effort to report what they have seen can Trading Standards do anything about the problem.

I have to say that Highways' signage does not help - with signs reading 'no access to Charlbury station'. It would be better if the signs read 'no through route to Burford/Shipton/Charlbury/ A44' 

Alan Cobb
👍

Sat 27 Apr 2019, 13:54

Jim Trading Standards are the people to go to.
Jim Holah
👍

Sat 27 Apr 2019, 10:03

I feel your frustration with drivers ignoring the limits but our kit can't record such details &  doesnt fit our remit from TVP & the Town Council.  Though when we're monitoring Forest Rd., there's nothing to stop us noting such vehicles.  I'm not sure who enforces the limit (OCC?) but I'll check with TVP.

Mark Sulik
👍 1

Fri 26 Apr 2019, 21:26

Wondered if this can be adapted and located on the weight restricted bridge and used to record HGV movements - 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.