Earthquake stories

Igor Goldkind
👍

Thu 13 Mar 2008, 15:34

Thanks, Richard.
I knew there was a point to this Forum somewhere.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2008, 16:27

I'd guess that's Malcolm Harper on Church Lane - there are posters in his windows. (He's not the same as One Village, that's run by Roy Scott.)

Igor Goldkind
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2008, 16:04

Thanks. Apparently whoever is selling Palestinian olive oil in Charlbury is also named Malcolm.
I met the principals at an east oxford fair trade stand who are involved in some interesting coop work on the gaza strip. I assume you looked at www.zaytoun.org.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2008, 13:09

Zaytoun? Not me Guv, its the old rumour mill in false grind mode. There is another Blackmore in town, linked to the church (or one of the churches) I believe, perhaps its them? Also, one of the houses in that little road that leads from the back gate of the anglican church towards the railway line, on the right hand side, sells Palestinian olive oil or is involved with the import of such, perhaps it is them? Might be the same people as do the 3rd World craft stuff shop in Woodstock, name of which escapes me, but they often have a van parked in the road.

Igor Goldkind
👍

Wed 12 Mar 2008, 12:53

Malcolm, Lost your email address but was told you purchase free trade zaytoun products for Charlbury residents. Can you drop me a line?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 11 Mar 2008, 22:10

Next time be ready - build your own seismometer! More reliable than a squeeling rabbit...
blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/03/build_your_own_seismomete.html

john ibson
👍

Sun 2 Mar 2008, 22:36

I FELT THE BED SHAKE, WONDERED WHAT MY WIFE WAS UP TOO, WHEN I TOLD HER.SHE TOLD ME SHE DID NOT FEEL A THING

Derek Collett
👍

Fri 29 Feb 2008, 21:36

I felt the bed being jolted quite perceptibly and assumed it must be either a poltergeist or an earthquake. I chose to plump for the more prosaic, earthbound, explanation!

John Kearsey
👍

Fri 29 Feb 2008, 21:09

I was still awake watching tv when I felt the sofa shake. Thought I had drunk too much!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 28 Feb 2008, 20:37

Were we the only two people woken up by the earthquake? If anyone else has any stories be nice to report them. Mine concerns panic stricken housebunnies (allowed free run of the kitchen diner area of the house all the time) who totally freaked.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.