MacBook Pro Update Failed

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 9 Mar 2019, 12:04

I think this was probably a spam posting. I’ve removed the link from the original posting and disabled the account.

Heather Williams
👍

Fri 8 Mar 2019, 17:28 (last edited on Sat 9 Mar 2019, 12:35)

There is a really good Mac repair shop in Moreton in Marsh which I discovered, do all Apple stuff including new screens for iphones. It's called MacSimple 01608 651207 opens some Saturday's check their website.  They are really nice people and very helpful.

Frank Payne
👍

Fri 8 Mar 2019, 14:09

It looks as if you have the ‘blue screen of death’. The following link describes the steps to go through to try and resolve it. It is almost always a software or driver problem, rather than a defect in the machine.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/fix-blue-screen-mac-3673541/

Frank

Veronica Stallwood
👍 1

Fri 8 Mar 2019, 11:57

A couple of weeks ago my 4-year-old MacBook Pro developed a major fault. I contacted Apple repair service by phone, explained the problem to a helpful man (in Dublin) who looked up free appointments at nearest repair centres and booked me into a slot the following day in Reading. (Oxford Repair Centre was fully booked for the foreseeable future.)

The train from Charlbury to Reading is simple and, with my railcard, cheap. The Apple shop is about 4 minutes walk away from the station. I saw a technician at the appointed time who diagnosed the fault and said the repair would be free of charge 'as a goodwill gesture'. The bill would have been close to £400 otherwise. He quoted 3 to 5 working days for the repair but phoned the following day to say they'd completed it as he could see I was anxious to get my laptop back.

Middle-aged MacBook is now as good as new.

Getting through to Apple is as frustrating as a phone call to any other big corporation -- but not as bad as some. Once I was through the automated option choices to a knowledgeable human being it was very straightforward.

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Fri 8 Mar 2019, 07:45

Surely it's still under the Apple warranty?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.