Accom availability for 2nd-4th August

Eileen Hipgrave
👍

Wed 23 Jan 2019, 21:12

I am an Airbnb Superhost and I have a single room available for those dates. I have contacted Maki on the email address given. I do have a kingsize room as well, but those dates are taken for that weekend.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sun 20 Jan 2019, 14:01

Yep, please do continue to direct enquiries to the forum Stephen - thank you!

Stephen Andrews
👍

Sun 20 Jan 2019, 13:41

Maki's post is my doing, following her request (and others) to my Lower Watts B&B for accomodation for Wilderness (they know about camping but want something close to a proper bed and facilities). As usual my rooms for that weekend were taken immediately after last years' festival (and it says so on this website), but as in the past, I have directed similar enquiries to promote their request on the Forum, as I know that some Charlburians intend to offer rooms or their house for just that weekend. Alternatively, if anyone wants to let me know if they have space available, I can pass on future enquiries directly.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 20 Jan 2019, 11:35 (last edited on Sun 20 Jan 2019, 11:35)

Another friendly post. But if the solution is camping, then that is already included with the cost of the Wilderness ticket -- or, at least, basic camping is. This includes the various sites (family, quiet, general, disabled etc.) After that, the various levels of luxury come as add-ons.

I had assumed that Makiko & co. had ruled this out as an option. But, perhaps, like Heather, they don't know this. Also, the sooner the Wilderness options are booked, the cheaper they are, so not good to take too long deciding.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 20 Jan 2019, 10:45

Friendly post. So I think AirBnB might be the answer too. The problem you may find Makiko is that you may not find somewhere in Charlbury which may mean that you will need some form of transport to and back from the Festival, there are 6 of you, have you tried looking at cottage rentals or camp sites- there is one or two very near Charlbury.

stephen cavell
👍

Sun 20 Jan 2019, 09:31

Looks like an AirBnB issue to me.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 19 Jan 2019, 18:47

Ouch! :-)

Rob Tebbutt
👍

Sat 19 Jan 2019, 18:13

They weren't asking for a guide on how to use the internet

Chris Wastie
👍

Thu 17 Jan 2019, 15:18

[unnecessarily snarky comment removed -- Richard]

Makiko Ryland
👍

Mon 14 Jan 2019, 21:53

Hello Charlbury community!
A group of friends and I recently visited the Cotswolds and fell in love (especially with the kind hospitality of the Bull Inn). It was recommended that we come back for Wilderness in August and I was given the recommendation to post here for any locals offering accommodation for the festival. There are 6 of us in total (clean, responsible girls) and we'd love to crash on a couch or in a house if you're planning on vacating while the festival is on. Please email me at makiko.ryland@gmail.com if you know of anything :)
Thank you,
Maki

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.