Trains and knitting

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 20 Jan 2019, 00:05

Thanks for sharing Matthew. Made me smirk as a daily sufferer, I mean user of the trains

Charlie M
👍

Sat 19 Jan 2019, 10:12

Stephen ... not in a million years!!!

stephen cavell
👍

Sat 19 Jan 2019, 07:22

........NOT Robert Court I hope

Charlie M
👍

Fri 18 Jan 2019, 16:03

I saw in the news a month or two back that the miniature steam train that used to run in Poole Park (and which was a highlight of my childhood) has been stopped due to some "health and safety" idiocy. I think everyone ought to club together and buy it, lay new track alongside where God's Worst Railway runs ... and Robert is your uncle! :-)

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Thu 17 Jan 2019, 15:43

Hmmmm, the Class 141 has a defective gearbox, dodgy blue paint and is being sold by a Mr Lemon. I think it might cause more delays rather than solve them. I like the look of the Alan Keef narrow gauge locomotive though but I assume we would need to lay a separate track for that one...

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 17 Jan 2019, 14:27

Knit and sell four scarves and you could buy your own train, as a permanent solution to GWR delays: www.wnxx.com/forsale/ (scroll down to Class 141).

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Wed 16 Jan 2019, 18:27 (last edited on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 15:40)

Indeed, very long. The scarf in Germany, by the way, has now been sold for over 7500 Euro's on eBay.

michele marietta
👍

Tue 15 Jan 2019, 20:59

I love the idea. Passive-aggressive knitting. It's gonna be one heck of a long scarf.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Mon 14 Jan 2019, 17:29

Here's a story that might appeal to the good people of Charlbury. A woman in Germany knitted a scarf everyday on her commute and changed the colour depending on how long the train was delayed:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/14/german-train-delay-scarf-ebay-commute

I get the impression there are some keen knitters in Charlbury. Perhaps someone might be able to do the same and, when suitably long, present it to GWR as a "gift"?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.