Rail Station Parking Charge Notice

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 12 Jan 2019, 11:26

Like Christine I pre-pay at both Ox Pway, and Charlbury. Never been charged for a drop off or pick up.

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍

Fri 11 Jan 2019, 23:04 (last edited on Sat 12 Jan 2019, 07:30)

Sadly, in my experience car rental companies pay the charge and then take the "fee" from the credit card used to secure the car rental.

Brian Murray
👍

Fri 11 Jan 2019, 19:09

Sara, If Apcoa sent the charge notice to you, that suggests that the car was hired in your name, rather than your Australian relatives. Apcoa will have approached the rental company as owner/keeper of the car and, in accordance with car hire Ts & Cs, the person hiring the car will be responsible for any such excess charges and/or fines. Not sure why it should take Apcoa 3 months or so to send you the notice though.

Sara Mullen
👍

Fri 11 Jan 2019, 11:13

That's really helpful Christine, thanks for the links too. We'll have a go and see what happens. I find the whole travel experience is so much better at Parkway.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:48

It's the driver who is liable if a fine is due to be paid, not the registered keeper. Since the driver is in Australia, it's going to be hard for Apcoa to chase the fine,but I would nevertheless not ignore it and put in an appeal.

The normal advice is not to divulge the name of the driver, but since the driver is not at your address you need to make it clear to Apcoa that nobody currently at your address was driving the car. This is in addition to all the other grounds of appeal that you might have, e.g. not staying longer than 20 minutes.

Advice on how to go about appealing is here: forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

If it turns out that the hire company is intending to deduct the charge from you relative's credit card then you might look as well: https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/company-lease-hire-cars/

I think the last thread on this board dealing with Apcoa is this one: forum.charlbury.info/thread/4978#28894 which also suggests other sources of information.

And, no, I haven't had any recent parking fines since I can't bear all the hassle and pre-pay. At Charlbury that's done with Apcoa Connect. At Oxford Parkway & Water Eaton it's Parkreg instead.

Simon Hogg
👍

Thu 10 Jan 2019, 18:45

These are not 'charges' but merely invoices, with an expectation that people pay them.

Simon Hogg
👍

Thu 10 Jan 2019, 18:45

These are not 'charges' but merely invoices, with an expectation that people pay them.

Sara Mullen
👍

Thu 10 Jan 2019, 12:06

At the risk of going over old ground has anyone had a parking charge recently from APCOA re Charlbury Station? We have been sent a notice here from last September when my family were visiting from Oz and hired a car. The photo is their car but only shows one time (18.45) of either exit or entry and not both. They were picking up and did not exceed the grace time. Any advice gratefully received, many thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.