Chippy Co-op Tuesdays

Sarah Goad
👍

Fri 11 Jan 2019, 13:22

The student NUS/TOTUM 10% discount is a long-standing arrangement available at 3,200+ branches within the Midcounties, Southern & Central England societies, 7 days a week on all purchases over £1. Very much accepted in Charlbury and Oxford :)

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:31

They call it a "student discount" on the receipt, and it is available to those over 60, not just OAPs.

They also do a real student discount for TOTUM/NUS members of 10%. I think this is available other days of the week. Not sure if it also works in Charlbury, as well as in Chippy.

As a bonus in December before Christmas, & on a Tuesday early evening, they had a wonderful free spread of food -- 3 courses, including a Turkey carved on the spot, plus wine or soft drinks, mostly from local producers. It was a lovely surprise.

Rhona Walker
👍

Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:24

And of course if you are an OAP you don't even have to pay for petrol as you can use your free buss pass.

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2019, 22:04 (last edited on Wed 9 Jan 2019, 22:11)

Although I am a considerable way off being a senior citizen, I would like to commend Chippy Co-op for this gesture. Although Tuesday is traditionally a quiet day in retail, it goes to show the Co-op is still sticking to its founding principles of being for the community. They will also be facing competition from the discounters Aldi and Lidl (in Witney) so it makes business sense too. 10% off a £50 shop saves you a fiver, but it all helps I guess. Don't forget the cost of getting the bus to Chippy or petrol before deserting the Charlbury Coop... Although I have to say in my opinion the Chippy Co-op has a much wider selection than the Charlbury one.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2019, 19:53

Some Chippy Coop prices are cheaper than 'ours' in the first place, too. So even more of a saving than you might think. I think the special offers are the same, but otherwise big Coops are cheaper than 'convenience stores' like ours.

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2019, 15:34

Bought all my Xmas booze there on a Tuesday- saved pounds!! But to operate the self service I had to call an assistant to prove I was over 18!

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2019, 14:08

I assume that many of you know that the Chippy Co-op has a 10% discount for those of a certain age every Tuesday. You just need to take your membership card, and you get points as well!
I go there many Tuesdays - easy parking, Post Office, and very pleasant staff. It's also big so you can get lots of stuff you couldn't get at our lovely Co-op.
I always go armed with proof of my age, but regrettably I'm never asked to show it. :-( But you MUST have a Co-op membership card.
If you, or a "Senior Citizen" you know, should like a lift there and back, please email me here by clicking on my name.
Over a year 10% adds up!
Hannen.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.