Watercheck cold call

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2019, 10:47

Probably trying to get around the restrictions imposed by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). PECR gives marketers specific rules concerning sending marketing emails, text messages or conducting telemarketing calls. Dangerous of her to admit that they were going to try and sell something.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2019, 10:08 (last edited on Wed 9 Jan 2019, 10:09)

It's only certain kinds of financial calling that have become illegal: PPI, Pensions, personal accident claims. As before, calls to those registered with TPS are also illegal.

No. I did not get this call yesterday; but I have had plenty of calls from similar water companies in the past & have blocked those numbers via BT 1572.

alison.nicholls
👍

Tue 8 Jan 2019, 18:59

Has anyone had a cold call from Watercheck wanting to do a telephone survey on your quality of your water ? She reluctantly admitted that they had a range of products available which they would try to sell me. I can only find an American company with this name, they are not from Thames water . I thought that cold calling was no longer legal.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.