The Makers’ Monthly Market 24th January 5-7.30

Phil Morgan
👍

Sat 26 Jan 2019, 19:16

This is such a great initiative. The date, time and venue do not disadvantage the other businesses in the town. A well thought out venture. Long may it continue.

Patricia Freeman
👍

Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:32

It was a lovely market, social and warm. Thanks to Richard and his gang music is always the finishing touch. The food was delicious - that lamb was pure heaven thank you to Cling clang Farm - he sure knows how to produce meat. A nice crowd .... stall holders happy....what more could we ask for?

Richard Cocks
👍

Fri 25 Jan 2019, 10:43

Mandy, Jeff and I very much enjoyed providing the background music and many thanks to those stall-holders and others who came to say hello afterwards. We all enjoyed the food provided for which many thanks to Patricia and the team in the kitchen.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 25 Jan 2019, 09:43

First time at the makers market last night, what a great event, it was nice to be able to sample some tasty food and ended up buying far more than i intended !
The lamb curry was very nice compliments to the chef.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Fri 25 Jan 2019, 09:18

Thank you Wendy. We love reading compliments like this. And a big thank you to my son Huw for his help last night. I love doing the Makers Market, there are always so many friendly people who come along and say hello and lots of wonderful foodie stalls to try. Thanks to Patricia and family for all their hard work organising it.

Wendy Bailey
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2019, 18:38

Curiosity Company Bacon is the best bacon I have ever eaten. But as an added treat, the Rosemary and sea salt bread. Wow.

Katharine Di Clemente
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2019, 10:49

Cling Clang Farm in Enstone have supplied the most tender lamb for tonight's curry. They will be there selling their meat ready to take home.

Katharine Di Clemente
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2019, 10:47

I'm so hungry just thinking about tonight's feast!! So happy to have all generations of my family there all enjoying the night together.

Patricia Freeman
👍

Tue 22 Jan 2019, 17:46

We have a bevy of new stall holders for the next market. Among them will be some really cute knitted animals by Natasha, Steve Hicks will be bringing some turned bowls, Priscilla frost has a book she has published, and a new jeweler Rebecca. Plus the usual gang of curious bacon, Sweet Fancies, meat from Moore and Lyon - oh and the scillian oil is back. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Katharine Di Clemente
👍

Fri 18 Jan 2019, 10:23

I'm excited about having some mulled wine again ;) Dry January doesn't suit me.

Patricia Freeman
👍

Thu 17 Jan 2019, 17:32

In 2019, join our award-winning FabCooks as they take us round the world at the Makers Monthly Market. In January we are tasting StreetFood from Nepal… Starting with cones of jahl muri (a popped rice spicy salad). ClingClangFarm's lamb is the basis of the meat curry option. The vegan basic meal has Newari bamboo, potato & bean curry and the Nepali staples of dahl, rice and pickles.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 8 Jan 2019, 12:03 (last edited on Tue 8 Jan 2019, 12:04)

...and cut out some single use plastic by buying your bacon from The Curiosities Company. It's also made from Organic Pork, farmed responsibly by Helen Browning's Organic, just down the road on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire border.

A prize of 5 packs of bacon for the best photo of your inner lining composting at home...

Deadline 31st January 2019

Patricia Freeman
👍

Mon 7 Jan 2019, 18:04 (last edited on Mon 7 Jan 2019, 18:06)

Was your NewYearResolution to live more sustainably? Let theMakersMonthlyMarket take the pain out of it for you! Come get sustainable detergents with @CharlburyHub's @SESIOxford refill station. Buy sourdough bread cooked in a woodfired oven. Reduce your packaging by buying veg direct from the grower.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.