Name and Shame

john h
👍

Tue 5 Feb 2008, 22:41

Ok Derek point taken I think, however in the past we have had Barclays and Midland banks, The Town also had a market, held behind the Bell,and you could almost call The Corner House "The Town Hall" as the Town Council holds its meetings there. It is a pity that in the 65yrs I have lived here, the population has doubled and the ameneties halfed,but that said it is still a wonderful place to live.Please enjoy.
Getting back to the original theme of this posting it is an offence to let your dog foul the footway,(ok if it is a horse)if the culprits are known you can ring West Oxfordshire District Council Environmental Department on 01993 861395 who have powers to prosecute.

Shelagh Scott
👍

Tue 5 Feb 2008, 22:15

To get back to the original subject of this thread - today another of our ignorant dog owners has allowed their dog to leave a very large deposit right in front of the gate between the churchyard and Church Lane - just waiting for commuters walking back from the station after dark to inadvertently step in it and then carry it into their homes.

Derek Collett
👍

Tue 5 Feb 2008, 19:40

John: my comment was meant to be facetious. I am fully aware that Charlbury is (technically) a town; it has been drummed into me often enough on this Forum! However, does it really matter whether I think it is a town or a village? As far as I know, the…

Long post - click to read full text

john h
👍

Mon 4 Feb 2008, 23:36

Derek , you do not have to have a Town Hall to hold Town status. What you have is a Royal Charter granted. King Henry who was at Cornbury in 1105 and on Christmas Day 1109 granted Charlbury a Royal Charter to the Town(source Charming Charlbury by John Kibble published in 1927) recently republished by Wychwood press isbn 1- 902279-05 -0 .This will be of interest to you, if as I suspect you are a new comer to this Town., If you have dificulty finding this historical account of Charlbury and its 9 hamlets, you would be welcome to borrow my copy to increase you knowledge of the Town. There may also be facimile version available at the book shop in Market St,( to hold a market was also part of the Town Charter).
I hope this is of interest to you.

Derek Collett
👍

Sun 3 Feb 2008, 18:42

John H: if Charlbury is a town, can you please direct me to the Town Hall?

graham W
👍

Sun 3 Feb 2008, 16:22

I often have that problem with dogs CR*****g on my garden, if I would ever catch them I'll go to their house and do the same, even better when I haven't a dog

john h
👍

Sun 3 Feb 2008, 13:47

Emma, for your information you live in The Town of Charlbury, we are not a village.

Emma Redfearn
👍

Sat 2 Feb 2008, 11:36

I also agree. Every day I take my little boy in his pram for a walk around the village and I am sick and tired of having to go on to the road to avoid the dog mess on the pavement. I just think these people are absolutely disgusting and clearly don't care about the village they live in. If I see anyone letting this happen I will say something. It just makes me so angry!

mandy
👍

Tue 29 Jan 2008, 14:27

i agree we have the same problem outside are school i live in finstock and outside the school is very bad that i have got on to the parish council about it.its the same where ever you live.

Stuart Moss
👍

Tue 29 Jan 2008, 10:51

I know this has been mentioned before on here...but can we start to name and shame the 'dog mess' offenders? There was a large pile outside The Farmers...sorry...Three Horseshoes...on Saturday and this morning a lady with a black lab and a jack russell(?) let her black lab leave his mess on the verge outside my house whilst I was getting into my car. Did she make an effort to pick it up? did she hell...
These stupid people give the dog owners who do clean up after their pooches a bad name.

Any one else got any thoughts?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.