Station parking / improvements - are parkers blind?

Dave Sangwine
👍

Fri 25 Jan 2008, 10:09

The work completed so far is for lighting - I stand corrected.

Andrew Partridge
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2008, 01:42

I have to say I was a little surprised to see people parking where they did, but then the workmen were sitting in their van a 7:15 this morning watching the people park. Parking at the station seems to be a bit territorial with the same cars taking up the same space each day. As a pedestrian often with kids in tow I am concerned with the double parking in the main driveway to the station forcing people to walk in the main road, combined also with very poor lighting of that area and the speed at which some cars travel, speed bumps or not. I am disappointed to read Dave Sangwine's that the works are for drain covers and not as I thought the bases for street lights.

Dave Sangwine
👍

Wed 23 Jan 2008, 19:56

Is it not obvious to drivers that a major project is underway on the footpath side into the railway tation? They're laying drainage ready for the path. That's what the blue plastic barriers are for - to protect the newly positioned drain covers. You are surely stupid to park between those barriers as it seems completely obvious to me that workmen are working along there with diggers and machinery. I only hope they don't scratch any cars.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.