ParcelForce - Bad for everyone ?

Mark Sulik
👍

Fri 4 Jan 2019, 21:02

Yesterday's delivery arrived today ! Nice driver

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 3 Jan 2019, 17:59

Never had any problem with any of the companies. Although I suspect that some of the drivers have never lost the sense of fun I and my friends had as children, namely ringing the doorbell and then running away.

Mark Luntley
👍

Thu 3 Jan 2019, 16:25

My experience of Parcel Force - who just successfully delivered a parcel today - is they have been very good, perhaps one of the best. Some other delivery companies have been rather more erratic.

Relying on non-unionised workers might be cheaper, but seeing such individuals rushing about trying to meet tight timetables sometimes literally using their own cars and often operating with very little knowledge of the area doesn't really add up to a reliable or quality service.

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 16:41 (last edited on Sat 29 Dec 2018, 18:46)

Sorry Mark was talking DHL deliveries
Who seem to deliver most of my parcels. When I've looked in Parcel Force having been told by a supplier they will be delivering it, usually shows you parcel number and says ' we shall endeavour to deliver your parcel today....

Mark Sulik
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 09:27

I was informed ( by the depot , during the collection ) that they had no method of tracking on the route - not sure if this was the complete truth !

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 06:57 (last edited on Sat 29 Dec 2018, 07:03)

They do have many drops to do which can be seen if query where your delivery is it will show you on a map where the driver is and how many drops he has make before he gets to you....which as you say Alistair is many.

Alistair Kerr
👍

Sat 29 Dec 2018, 00:08

A good many of the less well known couriers and indeed those working for companies such as Argos and Amazon haven't ridiculous work loads. I once had a Same Day delivery from Argos which arrived in the late afternoon, the poor driver told me he had 40 more deliveries to do that day!

Geoff Belcher
👍

Mon 24 Dec 2018, 21:17

Never had a problem with them, always very polite dealing with a query

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 24 Dec 2018, 20:21 (last edited on Mon 24 Dec 2018, 20:48)

As my post says - Parcel Force are becoming a noticeable problem in recent times and not specific to today's non delivery - I am simply making the comparison of a company that is unionised , rather than the competition who obviously work on a success rate and get paid by results - quite noticeable in the effort / results - I was told that they don't track the delivery routes !. A poor service, confirmed when the process of attempting to contact them ( by phone ) where you are totally discouraged to actually talk with anyone and take customer care seriously , the extremely grumpy person at the Oxford depot- with the similar feeling of the other 3 delightful ladies , also having the same problem and opinion !!!
The important documents ( work related ) retreaved - ... it is a work day for some !!!!

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 24 Dec 2018, 15:23 (last edited on Mon 24 Dec 2018, 15:26)

There are 365 days a year between Christmases and given that today is Christmas Eve I assume you're panicking and blaming the courier as you have left it 'til the day before. If so I'm speechless.

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 24 Dec 2018, 09:18

We get a few delivery companies delivering but without doubt, ParcelForce don't have the ability to knock on the door or ring the bell when they deliver......... this is becoming a common problem with them - we don't have the problem with the other delivery companies. Getting through on the phone .....forget it !

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.