Barre Fit Class in January at the Community Centre

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 18 Jan 2019, 17:41

Seems it might be crazy enough to work... I fall over easily!

michele marietta
👍

Fri 18 Jan 2019, 09:34

Hi Malcolm. I'll message you!!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 17 Jan 2019, 19:34 (last edited on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 19:42)

As I have balance issues following an "event" I'm attracted by the use of a balancing bar... If I recall my daughter may have a wrap round tutu still in the dressing up box! Seriously though, I'd give it a crack as evenings is when the pain meds are absorbed, whereas earlier can be ... difficult. Might feel a bit of a middle aged male prat out of place... but are the exercises of a nature that one with spinal, rib and limb injuries find useful as I am woefully getting more and more unfit, losing muscle, and weight training is not a good idea.

Katie Ewer
👍

Wed 16 Jan 2019, 15:56

I did this class for the first time last night. It was great, really fun, quite cardio intensive with some strength-building exercises too, but still a focus on core. Music also fun! Would definitely recommend.

michele marietta
👍

Mon 14 Jan 2019, 13:58 (last edited on Mon 14 Jan 2019, 16:33)

Hi maggie.
Just wear something suitable for exercising in - it's to music and good cardio, so nothing too heavy or floppy. You'll need to get that cardie off pretty darned quick! It's on tomorrow night if you're interested. Would love to see you!!!

PS Hannen you're more than welcome. It's a class full of regular people!! No supermodels or professional athletes to be found!

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 3 Jan 2019, 18:03

Nowhere! But I think that the sight of me attempting to exercise on the Barre (whatever I was wearing) would put people off. ;-)

Maggie Watts
👍

Thu 3 Jan 2019, 18:00

Hannen, where does it say you can't join in?

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 3 Jan 2019, 17:54

Oh dear, I was so excited at the prospect of wearing my tutu again...

Maggie Watts
👍

Thu 3 Jan 2019, 15:13

What kit do you need to bring along? Just out of interest.

michele marietta
👍

Thu 3 Jan 2019, 14:02

One more post about this as a reminder to anyone who may want to come along. Tuesdays in January at the Community Centre -- 7-8pm. Let me know if you're interested!

michele marietta
👍

Thu 20 Dec 2018, 13:06

I'm starting a weekly Barre Fit class at the community centre beginning Tuesday 8 January and running every Tuesday in January.

It runs from 7-8 pm and the cost is £10 per person.
Come along and listen to some choons while you use ballet-based moves to lengthen, strengthen, and ramp up your cardio.

Menfolk most welcome.
Tutu NOT required.

For more info please message me through the site, at charlbury.pilates@gmail.com, or ring/text 07817 890 787

Michele

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.