National Park for the Cotswolds?

Tony H Merry
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2018, 22:34

Not sure about that one Stephen
But national parks can draw up their own local plans which would have polices on this

Stephen Andrews
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2018, 19:19

Does this mean that second homes come under the spotlight as has been the case in other National Parks?

Tony H Merry
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2018, 17:54

Thanks Stephen
The main advantage re planning is that the National Park is the Planning Authority
This does not mean the local authorities are not involved
In the South Down National Park the planning in most districts is the duty of District Council planners . Although in the District Council they only work on applications in the National Park and the District is paid by the National Park for supplying this service
I agree with Hannen that it is not easy to find the cons (maybe this says something in itself)but these are most likely to come from Farmers landowners or local authorities
see
https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/national-parks-review-must-not-neglect-rural-business-says-cla
https://www.rsnonline.org.uk/rural-groups-react-to-national-park-review

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2018, 12:51

Stephen, I agree. See also "15". I lean towards National Park status but I agree with Laura. I can't easily find the "cons"! I shall, in any event, complete the survey. Thank you for your work on this Tony.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2018, 09:05

Not clear from the information provided by the Conservation Board FAQ how housing policy will be treated if we are in a National Park- see Question 14!

Tony H Merry
👍

Sat 1 Dec 2018, 21:30

Thank you Laura
Yes that is understandable
My views are set out here
drive.google.com/open?id=1TglPzgjVwNC2AWQqf6HQ29XPcmrcrkgr
Further information from the Conservation Board can be seen here
drive.google.com/open?id=1993ZeLHz4Dp3vEbRE5NFyngavZwttDlm

Laura Macy
👍

Sat 1 Dec 2018, 16:51

Thanks for this Tony. I've read the stuff you've pointed us to, and it all looks good to me, but I'm pretty ignorant about these things. I'd like to hear some pros and (especially, since I can't think of any) cons to becoming a National Park.

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 30 Nov 2018, 19:50

Thank you all those who have responded to the survey see drive.google.com/open?id=1aJ87j1sy_FWR7r44n65CbzgA879_NDjo
so far but it would be good to have lots more
The link is here again.
www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/TNYYY/
I would like to have this data to show to our MP who asked me about public opinion on this

Tony H Merry
👍

Thu 29 Nov 2018, 11:39 (last edited on Thu 29 Nov 2018, 11:41)

The Government has announced there will be a review on National Parks and AONBs
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/designated-landscapes-national-parks-and-aonbs-2018-review/terms-of-reference

This could have implications for the Cotswolds and for Charlbury
Some background is available here drive.google.com/open?id=1fzuwl_twVaOFF2-Ws2N3STcform5IgZI

Please post your views to this thread - happy to answer any questions

I would also ask you to complete this short survey so your views can be recorded
link : www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/TNYYY/

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.