Meditation

Laura Humphreys
👍

Thu 29 Nov 2018, 05:53

Thanks for the offer re silent sitting group. I would still like to try to get together a / some regular meditation sessions in Charlbury as I find regular practice useful. I will look into setting up something up in the New Year. I will look at an evening and daytime group initially to get an idea of real interest

JEANINE Boyd
👍

Mon 26 Nov 2018, 13:59

I'm interested. Evenings are preferable.

Alison Prudence
👍

Sun 25 Nov 2018, 22:51 (last edited on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 22:52)

Hi there - another way to take your idea forward might be to consider coming to the Charlbury Silent Sitting Group and see if it would be suitable, at least occasionally. You'd be very welcome to join us at the Quaker Meeting Rooms on Market Street weekly on Monday evenings.

The Group is open to all, offering a space for silence, contemplation and meditation in a relaxed and supportive environment. No technique or method is taught as this is simply a chance to be still in your own way. We start at 6.15 pm and meditate together in silence usually for 40 minutes.

This is a drop in group with no commitment required, so please come along and join in as and when you can.

Alternatively, if you have any queries, please do contact Bill McMullen on 01608 811430. billmcmullen@phonecoop.coop

Laura Humphreys
👍

Sat 24 Nov 2018, 23:34

Think we need to decide as a group whether to use disc to guide session or just meditate freestyle,also need to check that i can use the tapes i already have or whether i need to get permission. Will talk to someone at corner house next week and find out which rooms are available and when

Karen Biles
👍

Sat 24 Nov 2018, 21:34

I would be interested, would they be guided meditations?

Mark Luntley
👍

Sat 24 Nov 2018, 18:21

I would potentially interested as well, as with others depends on time I can do most weekday evenings (not but Wednesdays). Probably would look to do once a week. I could do during the day - but like many people my diary fills up - so would want to plan and have a regular time.

Laura Humphreys
👍

Sat 24 Nov 2018, 13:18

Great, it would be useful to know what times people would prefer ie before work, during school day or after work. I imagine it will be best to start with one day a week and then increase sessions depending on interest

sarah snelling
👍

Fri 23 Nov 2018, 23:47

I'm interested in this.

Mel Howard
👍

Fri 23 Nov 2018, 17:51

I'm interested in this.

Laura Humphreys
👍

Fri 23 Nov 2018, 15:19

I want to know whether there is much interest in starting regular mindfulness meditation sessions, not classes, at corner house. Need to know level of interest as if sufficient numbers the cost should be low as only need to cover cost of the room.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.