Daft I know but...

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2008, 07:03

Andrew - if you are short of things to do and would like to get to meet more people, why not come and help on the Street Fair committee. Its not a "committee" as such as we do need lots of help this year, to help Street Fair such a success as it has been in past years. Please help. You can contact me on susanna_finch@hotmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you - and any others!

Andrew Partridge
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2008, 02:01

Apologies - I have found the Art Society details.

Andrew Partridge
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2008, 02:00

Sounds like a good idea - I am fairly new to Charlbury and looking to widen my social circle away from the pub. That said there is a fairly active Scrabble and Perudo Club that meets in The Plough in Finstock. It would be interesting to see if similar activities could be introduced into Charlbury. Are all the clubs listed on this site? I am not sure that I read anything about the Art Society. I would also be interested in a wine club or cooking demonstrations, maybe a theatre club with trips to Oxford, London, Chletenham and Malvern and also hearing lectures about people's travel experiences and other such stuff. I very much like this town but activites seem mainly to be geared to the retired sector with a smattering of youth activities. I am happy to be challenged on this. The music in the Rose and Crown is great and I have the odd band that plays in the Memorial Hall - well done to all who put these things together.

Stuart Moss
👍

Fri 18 Jan 2008, 23:23

Hi all...Some of you might know me, some might not. Some might know my father Brian Moss and some my late grandparents Queenie and Ted Moss from Hixet Wood where i now live...
Right, that is the intro done...
Just a thought...Is there a 'table tennis' group/club in Charlbury? I ask because I need to get fitter and even though I am not very good, I do enjoy the game.
Does anyone have any joining/starting suggestions? Or for that matter any other ideas for some sort of 'energetic fun' that can be done frequently on our own doorstep and involve as many Charlburyites as possible?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.