Fifth Columnists

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 31 Oct 2018, 08:53

Thank you Richard. Let's draw a line under it.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 30 Oct 2018, 19:09

I'm sure no offence was meant - misunderstandings do sometimes arise over a fairly faceless medium like this. Thanks to both for your understanding.

Brian Murray
👍

Tue 30 Oct 2018, 18:51

Hannen, Having exchanged emails with you, in which I suggested that it is not a good idea to publicise the fact that someone is away from home, I assume - hopefully wrongly - that I am the person who has upset you.
I believed that such a message send privately to you was preferable to publicly questioning your judgement. My comments were not rude or impolite, nor were they cowardly or 'having a go at you' as you put it.
Should you wish, I'm more than willing to post them here so that Christine and others will see that you were not being bullied by me.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 30 Oct 2018, 08:37

Thank you both. Kind words. Oh very well, I'll stay. Didn't take much persuading did it? ;-)

stephen cavell
👍

Tue 30 Oct 2018, 07:24

Hannen, I join Christine in asking you NOT to stop making your contributions to this forum. I have found them both useful and stimulating.

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 29 Oct 2018, 20:32

Hannen, Please don't go! You will be missed ... Very sorry that some unknown people have been getting at you. Just ignore the bullies & let Richard know who they are.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 29 Oct 2018, 18:23

I have found this Forum incredibly fair and useful. However, I am not impressed by those who, instead of challenging my remarks openly, resort to using the email facility to "have a go" at me.
It's cowardly, and not in the spirit of the Forum. I've always accepted, and if I thought it proper, apologised for "inappropriate" remarks.
I have complete faith in the moderators. They are the ones you should be targeting, not me.
It will probably come as a relief to many to know that I'm not going to be reading or using the Forum in future.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.