Handel's Messiah

Leah Fowler
👍

Mon 29 Oct 2018, 19:24

Try reading the Charlbury Website

Helen Chapman
👍

Mon 29 Oct 2018, 17:44 (last edited on Mon 29 Oct 2018, 17:45)

Wish I had known about this!

Rachel Gallagher
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2018, 17:26

Well, you've all beaten me to this! The performance was remarkable. The singing and performances beautiful and exciting and the organist and conductor also of the highest calibre.
I think people didn't go because the concept was extraordinary - acting as well as singing the Messiah. It was also a very cold, wet and miserable night, though the church was warm and welcoming.
I do hope they return to Charlbury. We would rally more support if they do, now that we know how high the standard is.

Liz Leffman
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2018, 11:19

It was brilliant. I have sung and listened to Messiah numerous times but this was a very different interpretation from the usual, and excellently performed. I urge you to go to Woodstock if you can!

Helen Bessemer-Clark
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2018, 10:55

It was amazing -the sound of the 12 singers from all corners of the church was uplifting. Do go to Woodstock. The only query - they are professional singers with impressive biographies - why weren't there more people in the audience?

Angus B
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2018, 09:23

Agreed. A very vibrant performance, with diction the clarity of which would be hard to find in a massed choir. Well worth seeing and hearing.

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 28 Oct 2018, 08:10

It was fantastic!

Peter Bridgman
👍

Sat 27 Oct 2018, 22:38

I have just seen a remarkable animated performance of the Messiah at St Mary's in Charlbury. It was most enjoyable with superb singing, plus a lot of action. 12 singers, a conductor and an excellent organist filled the church with sound. All is not lost-- The Merry Opera Company are giving another performance at St Mary Magdalene, Woodstock next Saturday at 7.30pm

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.