The Bull

John Munro
👍

Sun 27 Jan 2008, 21:03

We were unable to go to Val & Ged's last night (last night!). Any reports? Or was there a 'lock-in' that is still going on?

Andrew Partridge
👍

Thu 24 Jan 2008, 08:20

The last day of trading for Val and Ged is Saturday - I hope the many who know them will pop in for a final pint. I shall miss the insults, but Dee has been well trained by Val so the art of taking money from people whilst insulting them will not die completely. Good luck to them both in whatever they do in the future.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2008, 15:55

It must be the men that Val is rude to!! She is always very welcoming to me (but rude - in a nice way to Simon). Best of luck to you both, we will miss you both - hope the new people are as lovely as Val and Ged - what a hard act to follow. Lots of love, Susie and Simon.

Deleted user
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2008, 15:29

The same thing happens to me, but I can't wait to go in again. Val all the very best of luck to you & Ged when you move.

Dave Oates
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2008, 10:57

Whenever I go in the Bull, Val is usually rude to me, often making very sarcastic and loud abusive comments. I then do exactly the same back to her and that is why she and Ged will be sorely missed!!

To both of you - good luck in the future in whatever you do - I will miss you

John Munro
👍

Wed 9 Jan 2008, 09:19

Should we try and make this the largest forum item on the Charlbury website before Val & Ged leave at the end of the month? How about everyone recalling there memories of the Ludden family?
Lesley and I stayed at The Bull on our very first night in Charlbury just over two years ago and that was the start of feeling so welcome here. We have had three New Years Eves in the pub and in the middle of last year, I was shocked to find that Lesley had organised a surprise 50th birthday party for me there. For us, there will be a large void when the two of them leave. Thank you Val & Ged...and good luck for the future....

john h
👍

Tue 8 Jan 2008, 22:57

looks like i have trigger finger

john h
👍

Tue 8 Jan 2008, 22:55

hear hear!!!

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 6 Jan 2008, 17:00

I just want to thank Val and Gedd for all the good times we had . My self and Sue will miss you hope you find your next place soon . Best wishes for what ever you do in the future
Lots of love Paul and Sue

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.