Yet another alarming scam phone call to watch out for.

Suzanne Flynn
👍

Tue 25 Sep 2018, 21:50

Whenever I see an incoming call as "International" I pick up the phone and without speaking at all just wait until the person on the other end puts down.I gather that if you dial 9 before putting down,the person on the other end will not be able to call back.Important not to say a word .

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 24 Sep 2018, 20:54

Thanks for the warning.

But if you are on BT, why not use 1572 and add the number to your blocked calls? I add about 1 number a day, & some of these are "international" (but not really!) calls.

I also had a call from a persistent solicitor quite recently. Fortunately, he can't get back through to me, except by calling on a different number.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Mon 24 Sep 2018, 20:13 (last edited on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 20:15)

This evening at about 6:15 we had a phone call answered by my wife, shown as "International" on the call display. The caller started by saying he was from a solicitor and immediately my wife said we don't take cold calls and cut the call, assuming it was a scam of some sort.
The caller called back immediately but this time was very abusive and called my wife a bitch; how nice! Certainly not the way to get any business from someone.
Using 1471 tells us that the call was in fact from a group of 10000 numbers in the Manchester area, not international at all, the number being 01618 188281.
Watch out for this and if you get one, either try a nice loud referee's whistle as an answer or put the phone down.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.