Brian the fishmonger

Patricia Freeman
👍

Sun 23 Sep 2018, 07:48

We do have a fresh fish van at the Makers' Monthly Market, he doesn't arrive until 6 because of other commitments. He is looking into coming to Charlbury but maybe not Tuesday.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 21 Sep 2018, 19:05

There was man't'van with fish outside the Market last night and he sounded that there was a possibility of taking over the round, so lets hope.

Suzy M-H
👍

Thu 20 Sep 2018, 20:18

That's really sad and a shock. Condolences to his family. How many years had Brian been coming to Charlbury? Seems like many years. Still have some sole I bought from him a couple of weeks ago that he suggested a recipe for :(

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Thu 20 Sep 2018, 18:29

I am sorry to hear this news. Brian was a lovely man and he will be missed.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Wed 19 Sep 2018, 12:59

Very sad indeed. There is a link to his obituary in the original news item www.charlbury.info/news/2499 and his daughter reported that someone will probably take over his route in due course, so, in the interim, if anyone spots a new fish van outside the Rosie, pop a notice up on the forum or news sections.

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 19 Sep 2018, 12:05 (last edited on Wed 19 Sep 2018, 12:06)

That is very sad news indeed.

Andrew Lawson
👍

Wed 19 Sep 2018, 11:54

I'm very sad to say that Brian the fishmonger has died suddenly of a heart attack.
He used to come from Grimsby every Tuesday as part of his round in the Cotswolds. He sold excellent fish from his van which he parked in Market Street. You couldn't think of a nicer or more courteous man. He'll be much missed
Andrew Lawson

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.