Tour of Britain

Rod Evans
👍

Tue 21 Aug 2018, 23:31 (last edited on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 09:57)

I should have checked the website!

If the past can now be widely described in the present tense (cf R4, Melvyn Barg etc), surely I can use the singular when I mean the plural (see first post)?? Discuss!

More pertinent points here though - Shipston's in Warwickshire, Moreton in Gloucestershire - and there were several complaints last year about the poor quality of the roads through Charlbury, patched up just enough to avoid serious mishap. Enough said.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Tue 21 Aug 2018, 20:05

Shipston on Stour is about as close as it gets. OCC couldn't even resurface the road down from Wellington Cottages last year for this prestigious event - shame! No surprise that they're not coming back!

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 20 Aug 2018, 12:54

Are you sure? I think the i must be wrong.

If this refers to the OVO Tour of Britain, then the website says otherwise. https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages

I know that they go through Moreton & a lot of other places just north of here on September 5th (stage 4), but no sign of Charbury this year.

Rod Evans
👍

Mon 20 Aug 2018, 10:49

According to Saturday's i (the paper) the Tour of Britain will be coming through Charlbury again on 9 September. Just thought I'd mention it....

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.