Museum photos

Pearl Manners
👍

Sun 19 Aug 2018, 07:30 (last edited on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 12:21)

Yes Leah I was just explaining to CELIA what happened how shocked been at time not 'lots opportunity to see oneself' entirely unexpected! I don't think one photo equates to lots opportunity.....neither would I want it to!

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 19 Aug 2018, 07:20

The museum is fantastic thanks to the hard work of the people involved, a new themed display every year as well as the on going displays and yes Pearl lots of opportunity to see oneself!

Pearl Manners
👍

Sun 19 Aug 2018, 06:19 (last edited on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 06:50)

Yes Celia it was a shock to me when visited 2yrs back to be told there was actually a photo of myself as teenager outside my parents shop. Made me feel extremely old which I know I am! Haha ..I believe there was also one my Dad in his Cavalry uniform in wartime...very interesting in Museum with lots surprises from Charlbury past what like in old days with many things I remember. Janet was very kind showed me things she knew would be of interest to me.

Celia Faulkner
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 22:41

Just in case people don't know - our Charlbury Museum has a large collection of old photos of the town - come and visit us! Many of our photos are on display, and others can be viewed in albums on our shelves - just ask the stewards.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 21:43 (last edited on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 21:58)

Leah - just putting Memories of Charlbury in the search field at the top of your page should find it. (I've just sent you an invite.)

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 16:21

No cars!

Liz Puttick
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 16:00

Not much change in 70 years, and yet another world - with shops. A poulterer, forsooth!

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 09:25

Some of the old photos seem to be drawn from the Francis Firth collection (commercial seller of old photos and postcards) where one can find 38 fascinating photos of our town.
https://www.francisfrith.com/charlbury

Leah Fowler
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 09:07

Can't find it

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 08:31

In that case you'd love the Memories of Charlbury group on Facebook! Which reminds me: I must post some of the photos from A History of Charlbury...

Leah Fowler
👍

Sat 18 Aug 2018, 07:40

Love the old photos that Janet is posting on the What's On page

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.