Quiz 2 - question

Deleted user
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 20:44

Don't we all!! Thanks Dave.

Derek Collett
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 16:00

I'm sure Dave is right. Wish I'd thought of that first!

Deleted user
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 15:13

Dave,
Good answer, I'm sure that is correct. However, as before, the prize, should my wife win one, will be too small to share but thankyou very much for getting involved.

dave wells
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 15:00

Al Capone

Deleted user
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 13:48

Derek,
We had thought of that answer, but the other 59 answers in the quiz refer to real people, either dead or alive.
We're still trying to come up with another name, however, but if we fail 'Andy Capp' will be entered as our answer.
Thanks again.

Derek Collett
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 12:35

Roger: Assuming that fictional characters as well as real people are allowed, I think the answer may be "Andy Capp" (cartoon character; from the Daily Mirror I think). Hope this helps!

Deleted user
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 11:39

Derek,
In the example the insect is the 'be' at the end of Morecombe and the clues are for the surname only, with the capital letter (E in the example) referring to the christian name.
For the answer required, therefore, 'A' denotes the christian name and the clue is for the surname.
No your not being dense & thankyou for helping. Good luck!

Derek Collett
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 11:19

Roger: I expect I'm just being dense on a Sunday morning but I don't see where the insect is in your example! Is the clue supposed to indicate both the Christian name and surname or just the surname?

Deleted user
👍

Sun 2 Dec 2007, 10:06

Answers are 'Well known men past & present'
The capital letter denotes the christian name, the clue is for the surname.
e.g: - E 'Extra insect arrived' = (Eric) Morecombe
Answer required, please, for: - A 'A single hat'

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.