Can you recommend someone to treat Wasps nests please?

Simon Walker
👍

Wed 1 Aug 2018, 20:15

Being stung on the bum is usually a sign of an early spring .....

But seriously folks - unless a nest is zapped early in the morning or late at night, it's almost certain that some of the wasps will be out foraging for lunch, so they miss out on being zapped. I dealt with an admittedly small nest a few years ago, and blocked up the access, but still had a couple of hardy individuals coming back time and time again for over two weeks, trying to find where home was.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 1 Aug 2018, 17:19

Used WODC today. Brilliant service. £57.00 refundable if there is no nest. Was stung on the backside today so obviously the wasps have some form of clever communication.

Yvonne Arnold
👍

Wed 1 Aug 2018, 14:05

I have just used Sue Baker Pest Control having found her details on this thread. She treated 3 nests for £70, was quick, efficient and very friendly. I would not have recommended treating DIY on this occasion - Sue needed her full protective clothing. Thank you for the helpful tip.

Andy Godfrey
👍

Sat 28 Jul 2018, 09:12

For future reference, we used Armour Pest Control based in Shipton-u-Wychwood. We had a large wasps nest in the loft space that was dealt with the day I called. A very nice chap did the job for £60.

stephen cavell
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2018, 16:29

Wasps enjoy rotting fruit as 'a treat'

Liz Drake
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2018, 14:26

Thanks All. Have found someone who has treated but thanks for these recs.

Wendy Bailey
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2018, 13:54

My neighbour has recently recommended a spray available at Gills in Chipping Norton. It works well. I also used it. It works. Good luck.

sharon
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2018, 13:11

https://www.suebakerpestcontrol.co.uk
A lovely lady

Jonathan Coyle
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2018, 13:01

I've done it via West Ox Council - called on Monday and they could offer a next day appointment (although their contractor only does Tuesday and Thursday in our area) - they are actually coming to me next Thursday - cost £58

Liz Drake
👍

Fri 27 Jul 2018, 11:32

Hello people,
Does anyone have any recommendations please? All the ones Ive been recommended so far are busy...
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Thanks!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.